Author Topic: Dogpatch Update 12/17  (Read 13580 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Dogpatch Update 12/17
« on: December 05, 2017, 07:10:10 AM »
Dogpatch USA has been for sale this year. Yesterday it was announced that it has been leased to another company with the option to buy later. More details:

http://www.ktlo.com/2017/12/05/dogpatch-theme-park-leased-to-heritage-usa/

http://www.ky3.com/content/news/New-owners-to-lease-Dogpatch-property-turning-it-into-resort-461914643.html

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Dogpatch Update 12/17
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 03:28:45 PM »
Yeah... I haven't been as involved with Dogpatch as some, but I don't think many in the Dogpatch community are terribly excited about this. On the surface, their intentions sound nice, but the company itself just doesn't feel very professional - to put it lightly. Look up their videos on youtube...

Basically they seem like they want to jump onto the alt-right bandwagon and make dogpatch into a hardcore conservative disneyland. This is actually the revival of a previous venture that had a christian ministry theme-park of sorts in Charlotte which crashed and burned due to dubious non-profit status and a major sex scandal.

I mean I don't want to get political and dog people for being conservative, but these guys are in the deep end and I forsee this venture churning up a lot of muck if they actually get off the ground.

I'm just hoping they keep the 1800's buildings that are still standing in the park. That would be a bad look if they bulldoze them though considering the name of their company...  And at least the property will be used and enjoyed again. The natural spring and large waterfall are worthy attractions in their own right, and I actually thought Arkansas should have bought the place long ago to make it into another state park.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 04:52:03 PM »
https://www.heritageusa.com/

Heritage Resort in 2018 and then new park? Um....

Jay

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 07:55:47 PM »
Oh dear... I found their Facebook page... and I found info on the guy helming this... and info on a previous "Heritage USA" that he says isn't remotely related but obviously is...

All I will say is that I'll be sticking to Branson and Silver Dollar City, thank you very much. :)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 08:07:10 AM »
@Tinman,

any information or thoughts on this?

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 09:21:37 AM »
The old Heritage USA had a hellacious waterm park for the period

They should clear off the slope and slap down a Snow Flex facility.

I'm think it's shady as hades but that Noah's Arc place in Kentucky got opened and is supposedly impressive whether you agree with creationism or not

Isn't Bakker part of the Promise Land Zoo ownership.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 09:29:10 AM by chittlins »

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 09:31:17 AM »
Yeah... I haven't been as involved with Dogpatch as some, but I don't think many in the Dogpatch community are terribly excited about this. On the surface, their intentions sound nice, but the company itself just doesn't feel very professional - to put it lightly. Look up their videos on youtube...

Basically they seem like they want to jump onto the alt-right bandwagon and make dogpatch into a hardcore conservative disneyland. This is actually the revival of a previous venture that had a christian ministry theme-park of sorts in Charlotte which crashed and burned due to dubious non-profit status and a major sex scandal.

I mean I don't want to get political and dog people for being conservative, but these guys are in the deep end and I forsee this venture churning up a lot of muck if they actually get off the ground.

I'm just hoping they keep the 1800's buildings that are still standing in the park. That would be a bad look if they bulldoze them though considering the name of their company...  And at least the property will be used and enjoyed again. The natural spring and large waterfall are worthy attractions in their own right, and I actually thought Arkansas should have bought the place long ago to make it into another state park.

Let's not jump to the conclusion that "christian conservative" group = Alt-Right.  I'd argue that real alt-right supporters and real conservatives don't want to have anything to do with each other.  The grey area is always with the people who are too ignorant to actually know what they are and what their differences are.  I would claim that HFE/SDC is a christian conservative group that understands that and doesn't accept the alt-right.

I don't have a clue about what this groups attentions are.....if they are setting up that extreme of a politically based resort/park then I doubt they are going to be able to grow past their own little niche market.

"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 02:15:39 PM »
Sand, I fall in the confidentiality category, so I'm unable to disclose information ~or give my opinion~, until it's released by the leasers. Sound familiar, lol?
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 03:48:46 PM »
Sand, I fall in the confidentiality category, so I'm unable to disclose information ~or give my opinion~, until it's released by the leasers. Sound familiar, lol?

I figured as much.  LOL,, :-X :-X

I thought something was up, since you had not commented... LOL ::) ::)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 03:50:30 PM by sanddunerider »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 08:45:59 PM »
Let's not jump to the conclusion that "christian conservative" group = Alt-Right.  I'd argue that real alt-right supporters and real conservatives don't want to have anything to do with each other.  The grey area is always with the people who are too ignorant to actually know what they are and what their differences are.  I would claim that HFE/SDC is a christian conservative group that understands that and doesn't accept the alt-right.

I don't have a clue about what this groups attentions are.....if they are setting up that extreme of a politically based resort/park then I doubt they are going to be able to grow past their own little niche market.

I mean, I'm not trying to jump to that conclusion, but from the videos they had posted prior to the Dogpatch announcement stuff it's not a big leap to say that the group behind this park considers themselves friends of what most would refer to as the alt-right. I don't see them focusing much on Christianity. If it were merely a christian group coming in to open another christian theme park, I'd be pretty excited. There's so much bad history behind this brand, I can't believe they aren't even coming up with a fresh identity. It just seems like such a wrong foot to start off on by combining a beleaguered brand with partisan politics and a dusting of religion.

At the very least though, the recent video is promising: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwY1Tg2nqlw

The plan at face value makes a lot of sense and is very do-able. They will still run into issues with the small roads in and out of the area, but if they aren't too ambitious they'll be fine.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2017, 08:42:04 AM »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 10:25:50 AM »
UH??   Question?  read the tri lakes article... 1st paragraph they used the word "leasing",  2nd paragraph "purchase".     Which is it? big difference.... LOL

A self-proclaimed Christian and patriotic entertainment company will begin leasing the former Dogpatch USA theme park in Newton County Arkansas, just a few miles south of Harrison.

The company, Heritage USA, revealed the purchase recently in a video posted on the Dogpatch USA Facebook page. An announcer, David Hare, touts the beauty of the Arkansas Ozarks and its proximity to Branson

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2017, 04:21:01 PM »
Sad, without running the risk of getting all political in this thread (I am a moderate FWIW) I went to the FB page and discovered lots of political alt-right propaganda posted in their feed instead of info about the park so it looks like I wont be spending my money there. Sounds like an agenda pushing/money milking scheme. I'll stick to SDC.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 06:44:59 PM by sdcfan88 »

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2017, 06:23:11 PM »
Honestly, politics aside, I really don't see how they could manage to make a successful theme park so close to SDC... It's only 45min away, right?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2017, 08:57:15 PM »
There are a decent number of people in the area. The whole Rogers-Springdale-Fayetteville area can support a small park on its own, plus all the surrounding towns. Plus you have to remember that this is just off of the Buffalo national river area which gets a decent number of people from all around. They can easily become a cheaper alternative to SDC if they play their cards right, but I doubt they will be able to get very big anytime soon.

The initial concept seems to be kind of like what Shepard of the Hills is doing with the trail rides, atvs, and tours.