Author Topic: Uber in Branson  (Read 2272 times)

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Uber in Branson
« on: November 29, 2017, 07:19:51 AM »
I saw a couple of news blips that Uber was now operating in Branson. Has anyone used them yet ? Also I was wondering if they ran out to SDC ? Which also brings up the question. Has or will SDC designate a Uber or Lyft designated drop off spot ?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Uber in Branson
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 07:32:06 AM »
Yes, Uber is in Branson,   No have not tried it, probably wont.    I am hearing good things about it in the branson area...  SDC?  I suppose they would, just pay the toll...

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 01:25:25 AM »
You would not want to pay the surge fee at peak times -- like the 2-3 hour waits reported for this week.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 09:31:27 AM »
Uber has a documented reputation of refusing patrons with guide dogs.  I personally know a visually impaired young lady, a Harvard law grad, who was refused, called a freak when she quoted the law, and the driver pulled away when she still had her hand on the door handle.  Fortunately, this was picked up by the local news crew and aired on tv, but the driver in this case was reprimanded and allowed to continue working.  I'd walk a long way before I gave them a dime.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 10:48:03 AM »
I know that several of the entertainers and other theatre employees are doing the Uber thing as additional income..  Great chance for them to make additional money to make ends meet.. ;D.   

For that reason, AND that reason I might consider using that service....  LOL.   BUT i would have their direct phone numbers.  I wouldnt trust the "dispatch" system...