Author Topic: SDC European / German Christmas Market at SDC ?  (Read 2139 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
SDC European / German Christmas Market at SDC ?
« on: November 26, 2017, 08:12:22 AM »
The Christmas Markets of Europe are in serious danger, some being closed.

If you have experienced this in person you know what a tradition and shame this is.  This might be a good time for SDC to take out the Crafts booths and dress them up for a section of the park dedicated to a European Christmas Village.  Just a step or 2 behind World Fest....( Meets Christmas)  Frankly if they opened the gates of the back of the GE and opened up a little of the Employee parking lot with partitions.  This could be a great draw with a definite way to monetize the addition. (More income is hardly passable to the PTB)   Something they missed on with Christmas in Midtown, money put out without T-Shirts or Photo ops or vendors to help pay for it.
 Folks, what do you think?  Could or should they pull off a German-style Christmas Market?  Would this give you another reason to go?  They could have Lights / music and sell special gifts/foods all in one location. 
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 08:30:08 AM by mhguy77 »

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: SDC European / German Christmas Market at SDC ?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 06:05:36 PM »

If you have experienced this in person you know what a tradition and shame this is.  This might be a good time for SDC to take out the Crafts booths and dress them up for a section of the park dedicated to a European Christmas Village.  Just a step or 2 behind World Fest....( Meets Christmas)  Frankly if they opened the gates of the back of the GE and opened up a little of the Employee parking lot with partitions.  This could be a great draw with a definite way to monetize the addition. (More income is hardly passable to the PTB)   Something they missed on with Christmas in Midtown, money put out without T-Shirts or Photo ops or vendors to help pay for it.
 Folks, what do you think?  Could or should they pull off a German-style Christmas Market?  Would this give you another reason to go?  They could have Lights / music and sell special gifts/foods all in one location.

Even if they somehow utilized Celebration City property, this could be a quaint little money maker on top of SDC.  They might even work something up for White Water during this season.  Either way, it could be a nice pay-as-you-go venture.  I recall attending a "traveling" English village (kind of a Dickens-type thing) once; it was an indoor thing - shoppes and the sort.  Visitors walked between the store fronts as if on the street, and the effect was a really cool mood.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 05:32:19 PM »

The threat of terorism is driving this. Remember last year and plot was recently stopped in Germany. It further shows that Europe is changing is cultUral Heritage to accomodated their insane immigration policies.

I've often proposed an european style christmas market for Mud Island in Memphis as part of a general overall plan to make it a year round attraction. Best part, no threat of being mowed down by a truck.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 08:19:29 PM »
I mean, there are already craft fairs/swap meets/trader villages all over this area. If anyone were to try to create a "Christmas market" in this area it would be the same vendors and the same crap but with some extra decorations. Half of it is MLM stuff these days anyway.

I don't know what they have in Germany, but I'm guessing the markets have fares that are a bit more quaint.