Author Topic: Quick question about After 3 Next Day Free  (Read 6941 times)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Quick question about After 3 Next Day Free
« on: November 13, 2017, 01:00:41 PM »
Does anyone know if Dollywood still does the "After 3, Next Day Free" thing? And is the time different during the Christmas season? My friend is hoping to go soon and was wondering.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Quick question about After 3 Next Day Free
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 06:13:59 PM »
I can't find any info on it, but I doubt it is part of the Christmas season, or any other time when the park stays open late. Nothing on their site about it though, so it would be best just to message them on FB.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 06:21:46 PM »
Ok, thanks. I'll him know.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 06:38:03 PM »
I alos didnt find anything on the site.....

But doesnt SDC do it after 5, during later hours?  is that just during midnight madness? or alos OTC?

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 08:34:44 PM »
I believe that some of the coupons say that they aren’t valid for after 7 next day free for SDC.

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 08:11:06 AM »
I am going November 25. I will look and see if they have anything if it is not too late then

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 08:49:36 AM »
This is on Silver Dollar City's website under special offers:

After 7:00, Next Day Free
Enter the park after 7:00 p.m. with your paid admission ticket and return the next consecutive operating day for no additional charge! 
Please note: Some restrictions apply.
Nov. 4 - Dec. 31, 2017

Dollywood doesn't have this listed on their website under "special offers". My guess is that Dollywood doesn't have this same kind of deal. Also a deal Dollywood has that SDC doesn't - buy your 2018 Season pass get 2017 Smokey Mountain Christmas free....

Jay

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 11:19:08 AM »
Also a deal Dollywood has that SDC doesn't - buy your 2018 Season pass get 2017 Smokey Mountain Christmas free....

Jay

I noticed that also... :D

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 01:31:52 PM »
Also a deal Dollywood has that SDC doesn't - buy your 2018 Season pass get 2017 Smokey Mountain Christmas free....

Jay

I noticed that also... :D

I've always wanted SDC to run that promotion.  I would love to take advantage of that right now since I usually only buy season passes every other year.  I'm still debating on buying for next year but that would probably convince me if I could get a Christmas time visit in this year too.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2018, 03:49:29 AM »
According to a blog that's being posted (see the Dollywood thread on TPR) the promotion is being axed as of the 2018 season. Wonder if SDC is following suit. I'm still waiting for the day they start charging for all parking at SDC.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 02:52:56 PM »
Yeah, I saw about that. That's a bit sad. I really do hope SDC keeps its parking free....

BTW, an update on my friend: he ended up just getting season passes so they wouldn't have to worry about times and stuff.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 03:52:58 PM »
According to a blog that's being posted (see the Dollywood thread on TPR) the promotion is being axed as of the 2018 season. Wonder if SDC is following suit. I'm still waiting for the day they start charging for all parking at SDC.

I think it would be very very difficult for SDC to charge for all parking since a lot of their lots are off of public roads, not private ones.  It would mean far to many separate booths to man to collect at.  Unlike the vast majority of parks that one one access point to their one or two parking lots, SDC's are multiple lots off of public roads.  Not the same thing.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2018, 06:28:22 PM »
Yeah, I saw about that. That's a bit sad. I really do hope SDC keeps its parking free....

BTW, an update on my friend: he ended up just getting season passes so they wouldn't have to worry about times and stuff.

Same thread where someone thinks water moccasins and cottonmouths are actually different snakes.