Author Topic: Who else is going to Coaster Christmas 11.11.17?  (Read 3931 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Who else is going to Coaster Christmas 11.11.17?
« on: November 05, 2017, 08:12:34 AM »
I am really looking forward to a good time.  Apparently about 200 attending.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Who else is going to Coaster Christmas 11.11.17?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 03:29:46 PM »
I'll be there. Probably staying at Classic if they still have rooms. I completely forgot this was also veterans day weekend, which is usually big for Branson. Hopefully there's still space somewhere or I might have to camp on Table Rock.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 05:52:05 PM »
Would love to have gone but this fall has been completely insane.  For instance, we’re currently on a 3-day weekend and I literally have something school related each day — next weekend is more of the same with All-Dist Band Auditions Saturday. 
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 09:22:24 AM »
Shave I would call for your room soon.  Looks like a bumper crop of attendees.  185 I understand.  Do to moving to a new house I have not been to the park since early spring.  I am looking forward to checking out the new ride.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 11:16:25 AM »
I got literally the last available room at Classic. Should be great weather, so I'm sure Branson will be packed out.

Sucks that you'll miss Swoosh, but at least you got to see it at the big reveal. I'm curious to see how much has changed inside, but I'm betting it's mostly finishing things out. I'm not expecting theming stuff to get there until January or February.

I've got friends from deep in Texas coming up for this as well. Lots of excitement in the coaster enthusiast world over this. I'd love to see an ACE event in the spring to get some ERT on it when it is brand new.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 12:54:49 PM »
I got literally the last available room at Classic.

Nick of time!  Good for you, will you be going to the Friday $5 Mountain Coaster?  I may ask Steve if he is going to be around.

jsgoode

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 02:49:22 PM »
I think ACE is planning on having their Spring Con at SDC next May, which should be fun.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 09:43:13 PM »
I think ACE is planning on having their Spring Con at SDC next May, which should be fun.
If you have been you will have to review it for us.  We will review coaster Christmas!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 11:14:17 AM »
Just out of coincidence, I will be there on November 11th. I did not know ACE was attending also. It should be a fun, yet packed city! ;D

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 08:36:56 PM »
Yeah I'm going to try to make it to the mountain coaster ERT as well. I'm glad they are holding it late so those of us driving in from far away can make it. Gonna be chilly, but that should add to the experience.

Looks like they are indeed having a spring conference at SDC in May! http://www.aceonline.org/events/details.aspx?event=12175

That's going to be a blast too! Usually involves a lot of ERT, so I'm sure it'll be the first opportunity to ride Time Traveler into the night.