Author Topic: SDC Time Traveler  (Read 9068 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: SDC Time Traveler
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2012, 04:31:06 AM »
Let's now go back to 1981. Pictured on my Flickr site are 9 photos, showing all the crew members who had their summer's end group tintype made with their coworkers. SDC rewarded employees for a job well done back in those days by presenting us all with a free tintype of our crew as a keepsake. We all were stationed at one attraction back then, but some of us worked at other attractions when they were shorthanded. I was stationed at the diving bell, but also worked in '81 at the American Plunge, Flooded Mine, Fire in the Hole, Paid Games, and Tom Sawyer's Landing, as need be. In several of the tintypes you will see Alan Beiswenger, one of our area supervisors. Alan is the fellow in the Tom Sawyer's Landing tintype in the back row. He is also pictured in the train and Flooded Mine photos. If you click on the Flickr photos and enlarge them, you can see details better, and read the description below the photo...most other attractions had former, current, or future Junior Dugans or Ruby Dugans working at them. Like I said, we worked where we needed to. It was a relatively small group of individuals who entertained over a million people that year! Most of us were high school or college kids. Only a few pictured are adults who were out in the working world only. It was a fun time, really, my best summer at SDC! Hope you enjoy the photos.  http://www.flickr.com/photos/juniordugan
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 06:14:44 PM »
Take one more look at this stuff. I will have to clear space on my Flickr site and delete some things so  we have room for new stuff in the coming months.  :)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2012, 07:35:45 PM »
Will do!

zsc100

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2018, 03:44:52 PM »
I have to bump this thread b/c it was so ahead of its "TIME" :)

I found it by searching something specific to Time Traveler after a visit this last weekend.  While I'm here I want to commend SDC and MACK on the smoothest coaster I think I've ever ridden.  I hate that a US company didn't get the business, but I gotta give credit where credit is due.