Silver Dollar City & Celebration City Discussion > General Silver Dollar City Talk

Old Time Christmas

(1/2) > >>

Okiebenz:
I was thinking about going to the city this coming weekend but then got to thinking about OTC opening soon and might wait a week for that.  We usually go a couple of times while it is going on and it is usually a mad house. When it the least busy time to go?  Is opening weekend of it usually packed, or no?  I figure the close to Christmas you get, the busier it gets.

mhguy77:
I have always found November before Thanksgiving to be the best time to see the lights.  Crowds are usually manageable, the rule of thumb, dont go on Saturday and you should be ok.

shavethewhales:
The weekend before thanksgiving is opening day for deer season in many parts, not to mention being a busy weekend for parties. I imagine it's a great weekend to go.

DollarCityBoy:
We are going November 9-12...the earliest we have ever gone. We typically go Thanksgiving day thru that weekend, always super busy then so we're seeing how the 9-12 will be this year.

Looks like most hotels/motels are booked solid for the 9-12, so we've booked a Condo. Wondering how SDC will be those days. It will be fun regardless, SDC at Christmas is our favorite time to visit.

sanddunerider:
That is also "Veterens Week",  which is why motels are booked.. Would expect smaller crowds on thur-friday and Sunday..  Will be BUSY on sat!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version