Author Topic: Visit the SDCFans FB page!  (Read 3862 times)

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
Visit the SDCFans FB page!
« on: October 18, 2017, 09:34:29 AM »
Hello, all! I want to encourage you to visit the SDCFans FB page. Our amazing site director has given me a green light to post away there, with photos, memories, and so on. PLEASE contribute as well regarding all things past, present and future for SDC. Your participation is key to keeping this and the FB site in a constant state of progress. God bless!  -JUNIOR, TOO
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: Visit the SDCFans FB page!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 10:32:42 AM »
When you state constant state of progress I can't help but think of my drive up I-49 yesterday. I want to avoid that kind of 'state.' :o ;D

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 11:37:26 AM »
Would it be appropriate to post links on the SDCFans Facebook page when I produce videos that are SDC related?  I don't want to be spammy for my Youtube channel, but if people would like links then I'll be happy to post them.  Just want to keep it appropriate, permissible, etc.

it comes out to one video every 2-4 weeks on average.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 08:34:34 PM »
Absolutely! FB is the perfect place to share them. I try to broadcast community updates about the park when I am paying attention and see them.

Thanks for all your help Junior! So glad the FB page is being put to good use again. I've been so busy over the past few months. This year has been nuts for me in general and I've slipped so far in keeping the site and FB updated with the exception of the easy to share stuff about the coaster construction.

Hopefully someday soon I'll be able to get back to writing some long-form articles and updates for the main site. I'd like to get back to building a solid repository for SDC history that can be searched through easier than Facebook.

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 11:33:23 AM »
Thanks for the above comments, as far as I am concerned, if Shave gives you a green light...please go on and do your thing. I have posted over 30 photos in the last few days, but the FB page needs more than my old time old school photos, it needs your posts as well...contemporary SDC...
what is going on now. I have promoted this page and the SDCFans FB page on the other  FB pages I contribute to, in order to send new folks to explore here, and become new members.one page has over 31,000 members, it is the I LOVE THE OZARKS page. Please do your part to help out, too.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"