Author Topic: Site has been quiet?  (Read 3507 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Site has been quiet?
« on: October 04, 2017, 07:24:15 AM »
Have seen any new posts or comments for 3 or 4 days..  Is the site up and working properly?  Not used to this much quiet..  LOL

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Re: Site has been quiet?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 09:45:16 AM »
It sure has been.  I have not been on here for a couple of days and nothing new.  I guess with the big reveal not much else to talk about yet?  BTW I was planning on going up to the city weekend before last and had a room reserved at Classic but the alternator went out on the car in Joplin and had to be towed back home.  Thinking about going either this weekend or waiting till fall break week.  I am a little worried its going to be way too busy fall break weekend.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 10:29:34 AM »
Sand, I've noticed how quiet is is, too.  I wondered the same thing - is it working? I hope to go to the fall festival a couple times before it's over. We need Jr. to tell us his stories from the past - always interesting. 

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 12:29:30 PM »
IDK about everyone else, but this is Homecoming week and we have started our competition marching season so "free time" doesn't exist for about a month for me. 
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 01:11:28 PM »
OK!  Thanks for the answers...   LMAO!!   I really thought my puter had taken a SDC break!.,.,.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 06:32:16 PM »
I'm having a hard time coming up with many things to discuss anymore that haven't already been hashed out a million times on these boards with the same members over the years. We need some fresh blood, but the supply of people who approach the park the way most of us do is dwindling. SDC fans of the future will lean more and more into coaster fandom vs. the history and ozarks aspects. I wouldn't mind more coaster dorks to speculate with more in the construction boards though. Maybe I'll have to promote the site more one of these days.

I've also been pretty busy with life lately like everyone else. I've got a side project I'm focused on as well that I'm going to push live in a week or two.

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 11:52:27 AM »
I have been busy the last week promoting the site on the other FB pages I contribute to in order to get new blood to this site. Posted dozens of photos on the SDCFans FB page, and have encouraged others to get involved So please visit the FB page and post things, too.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 01:29:38 PM »
I noticed that, Junior!  Keep up the great work!  Great photos and info!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 09:35:29 PM »
I've been finishing up another web project lately, but it's already giving me some inspiration on how to liven this site up again. Need a lot more integration with Facebook, as well as more social features of our own. Years ago I tried to build my own systems for photo sharing and things like trip reports and reviews, but it just wasn't professional grade and I ended up giving up on it. These days I've found it's easier to find templates and professional plugins that really aren't that expensive, you just have to figure out how to customize it well.

Junior has been sharing great nostalgia stuff for ages now, but it's so difficult to actually search or archive much of it when it's on Facebook or flickr. I've always wanted a system for collecting and displaying all that stuff in an orderly, searchable format, but I was always either too cheap or the right thing wasn't available.