Author Topic: Wonders of Wildlife opens Sept 22nd....  (Read 3451 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Wonders of Wildlife opens Sept 22nd....
« on: September 07, 2017, 03:08:27 PM »
I saw this info on the 1Branson.. Good info on Prices and Misc....

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – The new Wonders of Wildlife National Museum and Aquarium is selling tickets for the opening in late September.

The grand opening is Friday, September 22.

Wonders of Wildlife consists of an all-*new 1.5-*million-*gallon aquarium adventure showcasing 35,000 live fish, mammals, reptiles, amphibians and birds, combined with a wildlife museum offering an amazing tour of the wildest places on earth. The 350,000-*square foot experience is larger than the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History and features more than 1.5 miles of immersive trails and exhibits that celebrate people who hunt, fish, and act as stewards of the land and water.

TIMED ENTRY: Guests strongly encouraged to purchase admission tickets in advance Due to anticipated demand and to ensure the best possible experience for guests, timed entry is required for all general admission guests. Guests are strongly encouraged to purchase general admission tickets online at www.wondersofwildlife.org, where visitors will be prompted to select and reserve a specific arrival time. All times are available on a first-*come, first-*serve basis.

ADMISSION: Timed entry tickets are required for guests visiting Wonders of Wildlife.

HOURS: Open daily from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. (5 p.m. on off-*peak dates to be announced)

Preview Opening: Thursday, September 21: Preview tours for conservation leaders, public officials and significant donors

Grand Opening: Friday, September 22: A day of celebration and grand opening to members and general public via timed entry (timed entry not required for members)

TICKETS: There are tickets available for the wildlife galleries, the aquarium adventure or combo tickets that include both. For adults, the aquarium is $29.95. If you want to see just the wildlife galleries, that will cost $14.95. You can buy a combo ticket for both at $39.95. Children 4-11 will cost $19.95 for the aquarium, $9.95 for the wildlife galleries and $23.95 for the combo ticket. Children 3 and younger are free.

BEST VALUE: Annual Memberships offering unlimited visits:

Annual memberships provide the best value, offering families and outdoor enthusiasts a full year of unlimited visits plus other special privileges. Three levels of membership are available:

Membership Level Price Benefits:
Individual Annual Membership $95 (One designated adult)
Family Annual Membership $250 (Two designated adults, plus your children or grandchildren under 18)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: Wonders of Wildlife opens Sept 22nd....
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 07:47:49 PM »
In other news.......Hell froze over

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 09:52:20 AM »

It's not open yet!  there's still time for them to decide to keep it closed for more work.  lol
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 10:45:15 AM »
It took Mr. Bass Pro less than two years after he finally got off the pot to transform the Pyramid in Memphis to a store and hotel. It has been opened for two years and this place STILL isn't officially Open. And...at the prices he is wanting it best be special.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 12:18:56 PM »
It took Mr. Bass Pro less than two years after he finally got off the pot to transform the Pyramid in Memphis to a store and hotel. It has been opened for two years and this place STILL isn't officially Open. And...at the prices he is wanting it best be special.

It's called priorities.  Besides Top of the Rocks is his baby in SWMO.  Who cares about WOW
SWOOSH

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 01:16:32 PM »

For an aquarium of this size the prices are actually right around "normal" and pretty much on the same level as other similar places.  Not much different than the price of a show in Branson.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 04:26:10 PM »
...at the prices he is wanting it best be special.

Best be "Real" special...  I suppose I will go once to check it out... 

I went several times in its past life (10 years ago) ;D,  really enjoyed what they had and the prics..

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2017, 06:35:18 PM »

We must be getting close.  The West is on fire...Texas is underwater....Mexico is shaking....Urma is about to sweep FL into the ocean and Jose is still coming too.

"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2017, 08:15:44 PM »

We must be getting close.  The West is on fire...Texas is underwater....Mexico is shaking....Urma is about to sweep FL into the ocean and Jose is still coming too.

Well, I was basing it on three strait mornings with lows in the mid 40s in the FIRST week of SEPT.

These past couple of weeks, man o man.