Author Topic: New Year's Eve  (Read 6322 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: New Year's Eve
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2017, 04:30:42 PM »
I think they would have to introduce some adult beverages if it was to be a successful all night event. The employees would like to cut loose a little too. I do not think it would work at all. New years eve parties come with expectations. They would have to be perfectly clear that this is a tea tottler event.

UH?  Yea?   That aint gonna happen.. ;D

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2017, 05:39:46 PM »
I think they would have to introduce some adult beverages if it was to be a successful all night event. The employees would like to cut loose a little too. I do not think it would work at all. New years eve parties come with expectations. They would have to be perfectly clear that this is a tea tottler event.

UH?  Yea?   That aint gonna happen.. ;D

Exactly, Not going to happen with the current leadership.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2017, 06:16:19 PM »

Exactly, Not going to happen with the current leadership.

I don't know that it's limited even to the leadership.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Herschend's have it written into the ownership documents of the company.

(I really don't know, and realistically I doubt it.  But I'm sure it is part of the culture that they wish to see with their company.)
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2017, 10:34:24 PM »
Soooo... It's going to be a HIGH of 22F on Sunday in Branson... low of 7F. Will most likely be dry at least.

Think this will end up just being cancelled? You'd have to be the most hardcore enthusiast to show up for this one.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2017, 03:44:34 AM »
I really was considering it as it would be a first for me but those temps got a big fat no from me, unfortunately.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2018, 05:56:30 PM »
New Years Eve... COLD,  i was there about 4 to get my ornaments and next years season passes... I saw about 30 people in the square..(maybe).    didnt go any further than that!

Checked on Attendence--1200 people!...