Author Topic: A couple of dining questions  (Read 2592 times)

MandyTG

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
A couple of dining questions
« on: September 23, 2017, 09:10:33 AM »
Hello everyone! I haven't posted in a while but we are getting ready to head to SDC next Wednesday - Friday (hopefully right in time for cooler weather).
I was wondering what everyone's opinions on Percy's might be. Should we give it a try or stick to our old favorites? What were you favorite meats your tried? Chicken vs beef, etc?
Also, is there anyway to find prices online for Percy's and the other dining locations? It sure would be helpful to those of us who have to budget our trip rather carefully!
Thank you!

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
Re: A couple of dining questions
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 06:25:29 PM »
We've really liked Percy's.  If you like southwest/ texmex/ sort of Mexican, then you'll probably like it.

I've had the ground beef and the steak, and my wife had the pulled pork and we really enjoyed it all of them.  The steak was very good.  My one recommendation would be to avoid the tacos as the tortiallas are a bit on the tough, chewy side.  But the nachos and burritos are wonderful.

Prices are:
Burrito: $9.99
Tacos: 8.99
Bowl: 9.99
Salad: 8.99
Nachos: 9.29
all come with a side of chips and salsa (yes, even the nachos)

for steak, add $1.00

Kids meals:
1 taco, chips, and 12oz drink: 5.29
small bowl, chips and 12oz drink: 5.29
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

MandyTG

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 01:02:34 PM »
Thank you, Sirwillow!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 05:05:54 PM »
It is good, have eaten there 3 or 4 times...  happy with large portions, and the price..

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 01:18:53 PM »
I had a burrito there but it was so stuffed I had to use a knife and fork to eat it.  Are the bowls basically whatever you put in the burrito but without the tortilla?

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 06:47:54 PM »
I had a burrito there but it was so stuffed I had to use a knife and fork to eat it.  Are the bowls basically whatever you put in the burrito but without the tortilla?

yes, that's pretty much exactly what they are.  The bowl takes the place of the tortilla.

BTW- a "real" burrito has to be eaten with a knife and fork.  lol
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.