Author Topic: New Survey about what to keep what could go at SDC  (Read 3560 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
New Survey about what to keep what could go at SDC
« on: September 13, 2017, 12:40:40 PM »
Got a new survey today about SDC which was different from ones I have received in the past. Asked how many times I had been in the past 12 months, wanted to know what I used for my most recent admission (season pass, one day ticket, etc.). Then there were questions about the 3 things I never wanted to change at SDC -- fill in the blank. Then 3 things I would like to see refreshed or replaced -- fill in the blank. Check off up to 10 things that were musts for you at SDC, check off things you could live without. There were other questions where you could really make comments.  Questions covered rides, shows, food, attractions (McHaffie Homestead, Wilderness Church, School, Grandfather's Mansion), areas (Grand Exposition, Half Dollar Holler, Fireman's Landing).

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: New Survey about what to keep what could go at SDC
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 12:58:15 PM »
It's like people have never heard of screen shots before.  ::)
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 04:26:25 PM »

I know.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 07:29:40 PM »
Pardon me.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 07:50:25 PM »
We've had similar surveys in the past.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 08:56:24 PM »
We've had similar surveys in the past.

SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 09:07:51 PM »
I don't see the need for a screen shot if it's just text. Biscuit has told us in detail what was asked. I'm grateful to hear about it, since I haven't gotten any of the surveys in awhile.

This is the kind of thing they've been monitoring over the past decade. This report has been online for a long time now: http://slideplayer.com/slide/6849509/

Basically, SDC has a much better finger on the pulse of what park consumers want than we typically acknowledge. It's obvious that a lot of people come because something is "new", and not many people are like us and come for the "old". Unfortunately, I think they are trying more and more these days to push out things that we are attached to so they can be "upgraded" and made "new".

I don't think there's anything over ten years old in the park that is really off the potential chopping block anymore, save for the really big modern rides.

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 09:33:11 PM »
I got the same survey that biscuit creek got.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 09:19:50 AM »

I don't think there's anything over ten years old in the park that is really off the potential chopping block anymore, save for the really big modern rides.

Sadly, I agree with that statement.  With one exception- the train.  After their major investment in new engines, I'd say the train is pretty safe for at least several years.  The robbery I'm not as confident about, but at least the ride itself isn't going anywhere.

Other than that, I'm afraid for a lot of the old classics that make SDC what it is, and have been for a while.

I am interested in what they asked about the Homestead, School, Wilderness Church and Grandfather's Mansion  though.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Buddyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 03:48:23 PM »

Sadly, I dont agree with at all  some rides don't go with park was about.  fire in hole does only thing done redo paint " village people "  the shoot out  need  rewrite sounds system. Some tlc  lost river  big drop need be smoother of drop  need more splash   AP need more tlc  side  need get rusted off and  lastly foods  way too high and quality stinks lower prices of food. Train I don't like photography at station  force having taken pictures. Could use space  for  people with disabilities and older people can get out from heat or cold. Save trees robbery show  wish more like 1880's   Would like more shows. More theaters sitting empty most time long lines  cut showtime down more showlover pass  not fair people waiting hours see show not having chance   Please don't Compare sdc with Disney or other themes park  sdc its owns special place
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 04:31:40 PM by Buddyboy »