Author Topic: Ride Survey 09.11.17  (Read 6947 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Ride Survey 09.11.17
« on: September 12, 2017, 07:53:43 AM »
I received a new survey last night.  Easily the longest survey I have ever gotten from them.  It was around TT and first, they showed a commercial, then several scripts.  One pointing to a boy being in the co - character role then back to a girl.  They are also very concerned with the wording of the commercial.  The word spin did come up but it was slipped in. They are staying away from this, maybe it causes an issue with their audience?  Only 1 out of 5 scripts made mention of spin.

The interesting question was
1   Will you be visiting SDC in the next 6 months?
2   Will you be visiting SDC in the next 12 months?

Interesting questions asked 2 times.  I suspect they are trying to gauge the excitement this new ride is creating.

The commercial also showed the spinning on the coaster and it was not drifting, it was spinning.
( The questioning repeatedly told you to only consider the script and not the visuals) 
My take-away is that they are concerned with the way this is being sold, they are trying to package this in a way that is attractive. 

I would love to be in the offices like a fly on the wall.  I believe they are concerned they are/have/will market this successfully.  I believe they have their work cut out for them all things considered.

Also asked 2 times, Will you be purchasing a 2018 Seasons pass.  I answered truthfully.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 08:19:49 AM by mhguy77 »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Ride Survey 09.11.17
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 08:54:55 AM »

The interesting question was
1   Will you be visiting SDC in the next 6 months?
2   Will you be visiting SDC in the next 12 months?

Interesting questions asked 2 times.  I suspect they are trying to gauge the excitement this new ride is creating.

Also asked 2 times, Will you be purchasing a 2018 Seasons pass.  I answered truthfully.

[/quote]

The last couple of surveys I received they did the same thing... asked about 3 months, then the next 12 months... thought it was humorous..   
maybe double checking your response..LOL

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 09:24:24 AM »
I'd be worried if I was them too.

They built an attraction the the most of the general public probably doesn't want to try.  Even a good portion of the thrill seeking crowd is unsure about this.  I'd keep the focus on it being new and try to sell the theme/story.  Probably stay away from the spin and any of the "Worlds Only/Biggest" stuff on this one.  Let the thrill seekers find that out through the ride fandom communities.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 09:39:16 AM by HumphreyHawk »
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 09:49:38 AM »
Good God, the amount of 'woe is me' over this is getting quite over the top. I have advocated for more no inverting coasters in the past along with other things. Ride Diversity is a good thing. Those of us that have rode several types of spinners think that if it's anything like the spinning on Laff Trakk at Hershey, they'll have a winner. Spinners are popular ya know as more and more are installed. The only thing that is a sure miss on this ride so far is them blowing a chance at show buildings at the two launches that could have really elevated this ride to another level. This isn't a round up, tell cup or tilt a whirl folks, but guess what, every carney has one and for good reason, they are popular

Oh, the Survery, yes, we are buying season passes specifically for this ride. It's been three seasons since we have. No, we will not add on Whitewater, it blows.

The should just use, "an extrodinary new ride that will turn your world around on a passage through time that can only be found at Silver Dollar City!" That's free of charge  ::)

« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 10:00:47 AM by chittlins »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 11:28:47 AM »
Oh, the Survery, yes, we are buying season passes specifically for this ride. It's been three seasons since we have. No, we will not add on Whitewater, it blows.
Yes  i will buy a pass in 2018, yes I will add on WW,
NO I wont go to WW,
But I get added discounts on The SHowboat that I use all through the year.

missouripapa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 04:44:03 PM »
I took the survey yesterday and suggested they use the term "revolve" rather than spin. If you watch the simulation, it doesn't spin like Primeval Whirl

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 04:50:20 PM »
Well I did not get a survey!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 06:37:20 PM »
I took the survey yesterday and suggested they use the term "revolve" rather than spin. If you watch the simulation, it doesn't spin like Primeval Whirl

(Revolve) I wonder if they are trying out different key words, they only used the word spin and it was one time in one script, they seemed to want to stay as far away from claiming "it" as possible.  In all but one script and that just had the word spin once.  I was really surprised at how long the survey was, most in the past were 5-minute deals and this was a 25 minute many, many page video deal.

Primeval Whirl
True, but Primal Whirl is also a large crazy mouse coaster, not one that will go upside down.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 07:13:45 AM »

(Revolve) I wonder if they are trying out different key words, they only used the word spin and it was one time in one script, they seemed to want to stay as far away from claiming "it" as possible.  In all but one script and that just had the word spin once.  I was really surprised at how long the survey was, most in the past were 5-minute deals and this was a 25 minute many, many page video deal.

Primeval Whirl
True, but Primal Whirl is also a large crazy mouse coaster, not one that will go upside down.

different terminology might make a difference on how the public perceives this new ride.    I am surprised how many people on different sites are saying they will NEVER ride it because it spins and drops....
even though it is a controlled spin.. 
I would think wait until it is complete, go check it out, then make a decision...

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 08:00:53 AM »
different terminology might make a difference on how the public perceives this new ride.    I am surprised how many people on different sites are saying they will NEVER ride it because it spins and drops....
even though it is a controlled spin

I would say that was the entire reason for the survey.  This is going to be interesting.

The reception for TT, when juxtaposed with the interest OR received, I have found to be very one sided in response.  I do not watch any TV at all so I have no idea about media pushes or what they are saying in advertising. I guess I will have to you tube the commercials to check them out when they start.

My prediction is a 2 lane entrance, or a split at the end where you choose your "effect", or lack of.  We will see.

Buzzsaw Falls #2?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 08:03:15 AM by mhguy77 »

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2017, 09:48:08 AM »

even though it is a controlled spin.. 
I would think wait until it is complete, go check it out, then make a decision...

You can see that even among some of our own posters here who are freaking out thinking it's going to spin like tea cups do, and making them sick- just based on that one word.  It's one reason why, fairly quickly after the announcement, I quit saying spin and started saying "rotate."  Revolve may be another word that works.  There is just an image when you use the word spin that conjures fast, uncontrolled spinning, and I think they are wise to realize now that it is a word and image they want to get away from as it seems to scare people away who would otherwise love the ride.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2017, 09:49:12 AM »
'Revolve' would be a great word to use compared to spin.  Even using 'controled spin' sounds like too much.  People will get those fidget spinner in their mind....or see it as a tea cup rides on rails.  A big feature of it is that fact you can have different ride experiences each time.  Have to figure out how to show that with out scaring people with the spin.

For the record....Even though I'm undecided on getting passes for next year still.....I hope it is a smash hit for SDC....and I'm sure the marketing team will do this well. 
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2017, 12:43:28 PM »
I didn't get this survey this week but I got another one about the overall future of the park. I did start a thread about that. Was a very comprehensive survey about rides, attractions, food, entertainment, areas of the park.