Silver Dollar City & Celebration City Discussion > Construction/Rumors

Ride Survey 09.11.17

(1/3) > >>

mhguy77:
I received a new survey last night.  Easily the longest survey I have ever gotten from them.  It was around TT and first, they showed a commercial, then several scripts.  One pointing to a boy being in the co - character role then back to a girl.  They are also very concerned with the wording of the commercial.  The word spin did come up but it was slipped in. They are staying away from this, maybe it causes an issue with their audience?  Only 1 out of 5 scripts made mention of spin.

The interesting question was
1   Will you be visiting SDC in the next 6 months?
2   Will you be visiting SDC in the next 12 months?

Interesting questions asked 2 times.  I suspect they are trying to gauge the excitement this new ride is creating.

The commercial also showed the spinning on the coaster and it was not drifting, it was spinning.
( The questioning repeatedly told you to only consider the script and not the visuals) 
My take-away is that they are concerned with the way this is being sold, they are trying to package this in a way that is attractive. 

I would love to be in the offices like a fly on the wall.  I believe they are concerned they are/have/will market this successfully.  I believe they have their work cut out for them all things considered.

Also asked 2 times, Will you be purchasing a 2018 Seasons pass.  I answered truthfully.

sanddunerider:

The interesting question was
1   Will you be visiting SDC in the next 6 months?
2   Will you be visiting SDC in the next 12 months?

Interesting questions asked 2 times.  I suspect they are trying to gauge the excitement this new ride is creating.

Also asked 2 times, Will you be purchasing a 2018 Seasons pass.  I answered truthfully.

[/quote]

The last couple of surveys I received they did the same thing... asked about 3 months, then the next 12 months... thought it was humorous..   
maybe double checking your response..LOL

HumphreyHawk:
I'd be worried if I was them too.

They built an attraction the the most of the general public probably doesn't want to try.  Even a good portion of the thrill seeking crowd is unsure about this.  I'd keep the focus on it being new and try to sell the theme/story.  Probably stay away from the spin and any of the "Worlds Only/Biggest" stuff on this one.  Let the thrill seekers find that out through the ride fandom communities.

Good luck.

chittlins:
Good God, the amount of 'woe is me' over this is getting quite over the top. I have advocated for more no inverting coasters in the past along with other things. Ride Diversity is a good thing. Those of us that have rode several types of spinners think that if it's anything like the spinning on Laff Trakk at Hershey, they'll have a winner. Spinners are popular ya know as more and more are installed. The only thing that is a sure miss on this ride so far is them blowing a chance at show buildings at the two launches that could have really elevated this ride to another level. This isn't a round up, tell cup or tilt a whirl folks, but guess what, every carney has one and for good reason, they are popular

Oh, the Survery, yes, we are buying season passes specifically for this ride. It's been three seasons since we have. No, we will not add on Whitewater, it blows.

The should just use, "an extrodinary new ride that will turn your world around on a passage through time that can only be found at Silver Dollar City!" That's free of charge  ::)

sanddunerider:

--- Quote from: chittlins on September 12, 2017, 09:49:38 AM ---Oh, the Survery, yes, we are buying season passes specifically for this ride. It's been three seasons since we have. No, we will not add on Whitewater, it blows.

--- End quote ---
Yes  i will buy a pass in 2018, yes I will add on WW,
NO I wont go to WW,
But I get added discounts on The SHowboat that I use all through the year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version