Author Topic: SDC's 2020 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 147735 times)

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2020 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #360 on: August 09, 2019, 06:31:17 AM »
A new teaser dropped last night on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/sdcattractions/videos/2293437977419906/
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 06:33:02 AM by Runner1960 »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 09, 2019, 07:25:29 AM »
A new teaser dropped last night on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/sdcattractions/videos/2293437977419906/

LOL,
yes, and that all it was. 
a teaser..
no info yet....

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 09, 2019, 12:57:56 PM »
Hoped and assumed so, but wasn't entirely sure. What is the confidence level that the ride will be touted as some sort or record breaker, be it longest rapids ride, steepest and/or largest drop on a rapids ride, etc.? Do we have any credible intel to suggest this will in fact be something very similar to Infinity Falls, or is there reason to believe it may introduce another "first" for an attraction of it's kind? I know it's tough given there hasn't been too much change since the latest visits, and it is a water attraction versus a coaster, but I anticipated more dialogue and speculation this close to the announcement.

I think we’ll just be quiet and not ruin the surprise this time if you don’t mind. 

You’re going to love it and the whole backstory

I'm all for the element of surprise. Just expected there would be much more conversation leading up to the reveal. Excited to welcome another new attraction to the City.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 09, 2019, 02:42:54 PM »
Really excited to see this announcement on next Tuesday. I'm thrilled so far by the marketing campaign and the ride's connection to Marvel Cave and the park's history. Like others have said, I'm also blown away by the size of the ride. It is much more than I was expecting.

Has anyone heard anything regarding a celebration of SDC's 60th season in 2020? Will there be a celebration as there was for the 50th?
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 09, 2019, 09:21:17 PM »
They did a Facebook live this afternoon. They say the announcement on tuesday will talk about the new ride, the new tree, pumpkin nights, and “other surprises for 2020”.  I think the guy did a good job with the live video I just wish his clothing would have fit a little better.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #365 on: August 09, 2019, 11:29:05 PM »
They did a Facebook live this afternoon. They say the announcement on tuesday will talk about the new ride, the new tree, pumpkin nights, and “other surprises for 2020”.  I think the guy did a good job with the live video I just wish his clothing would have fit a little better.

That’s Joey.  Do you mean “fit” as in tailored or “fit” as in the theme of the new ride?
They fit the theme/backstory very well
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 10:20:19 AM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 10, 2019, 07:08:14 AM »

I watched and agree

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #367 on: August 10, 2019, 12:03:52 PM »
lol, fashion police.  ;D

I can't believe announcement season is finally here. Summer has gone by too quickly.

We've kind of slept on this ride since it's a replacement and we already can see or guess at most of the obvious details, but there's still a lot to look forward to on Tuesday. The details of the cave theming should be really interesting.

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 10, 2019, 02:55:51 PM »
Hahaha!  I just found the blue super distracting and felt like his vest didn’t fit. But he did a great job!!!

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #369 on: August 12, 2019, 03:45:49 PM »
I got an email granting me to attend the media event like I did for Time Traveler and I will be sure to get plenty of photos and video of the announcement ceremony and the touring of the construction site as well. Look for me in a red media shirt and a big DSLR camera bag. Feel free to say hi if you are attending.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 12, 2019, 06:07:21 PM »
I got an email granting me to attend the media event like I did for Time Traveler and I will be sure to get plenty of photos and video of the announcement ceremony and the touring of the construction site as well. Look for me in a red media shirt and a big DSLR camera bag. Feel free to say hi if you are attending.

congrats on the invite.. will be interesting I am sure..  big project.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 12, 2019, 09:20:39 PM »
They are Carrying this announcement on local radio stations here in  NWA and pushing it as a new land.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #372 on: August 12, 2019, 10:54:15 PM »
It’ll be fun to watch the reactions to when the details are released. 
I’m sure we’ll have the gamut.  From those who think this is the best thing since sliced bread to those who complain that it’s not (insert unrealistic expectations here). 

I’ll jusr be happy to finally talk openly about it.  Been a long 2 years. 

I *should* be there too, but some people have to actually work on weekdays - and most schools in MO think they need to start ridiculously early this year. 
SWOOSH

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 13, 2019, 11:38:06 AM »
If their live stream wasn't going to actually be live not sure why they allowed others to stream the announcement truly live. Watched the announcement on KY3 well before SDC's FB Live Stream finally got to it.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 13, 2019, 11:44:02 AM »
https://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/2020

Happy to see that the minimum height only went to 40" since this replaces a ride that was one of the 36" height rides.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 11:45:37 AM by mg »