Author Topic: SDC's 2020 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 148392 times)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2020 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #240 on: April 02, 2019, 09:50:06 PM »
Anyway, I'd love to see the ride and the Rib House "interact" with each other somehow - have the rapids sail right through the middle or something.

As a HUGE fan of California's Pirates of the Caribbean ride that goes through the Blue Bayou restaurant, I absolutely LOVE the idea of this.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #241 on: April 02, 2019, 10:30:09 PM »
RIVER RAPIDS CONSTRUCTION UPDATE
https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2019/03/riverfront-lost-river-sdc_63.html

So are we thinking the "Riverfront Food Court" is going to include a new Rib House since it appears to be expanding into the lake?
No.  It’s going near the new rapids ride
It's hard to get bearings by just looking at the photos.  (This was the best update so far, btw.)  It seemed to me that the food court and the rapids might be near each other already, and that the Rib House might feed into a mutual dining area.
Anyway, I'd love to see the ride and the Rib House "interact" with each other somehow - have the rapids sail right through the middle or something.

The last I heard anything about exact location, they made it sound like it would have the River go around it making it feel like it was on an “island” and you’d access the new Ribhouse via a bridge.  That info could be old though, so take it with a grain of salt for now. 
SWOOSH

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 19, 2019, 08:31:29 PM »
Photos from today. Feel free to use them if you need them for something. The first photo is new concrete poured. This was close to the old entrance for lost river.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 20, 2019, 04:25:20 PM »
APRIL 19 UPDATE
https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2019/04/riverfront-lost-river-sdc.html

Lots of new stuff -- and check out how they've already started to landscape the shores of the new river.
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #244 on: April 21, 2019, 02:32:31 AM »
Interesting update. Thanks all for posting. I am betting that massive pit made for that footer is gonna be the elevator tower for one of those big slide drop sections. And I'm glad to see they are already getting started with some landscape/themeing work. Hope they go all out with it thru the course of the ride.

Hopefully I will be able to finally get up there and check it out for myself next week.  :)

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 25, 2019, 02:37:14 PM »
Without being too redundant to what others posted, I just officially made my first visit of the season yesterday and here is a few photos I snapped thru the fence with my DSLR.

As mentioned by others, there are several troughs already constructed along with a large concrete structure, also noted a large rectangle pit about 30-50 feet wide and 6-7 feet deep with lots of reebar for what looks like a tower structure of sorts going up just to the west of the large concrete structure which I have also assumed to be the new station building.

Also noted the fact that they apparently went thru a lot of trouble to salvage the rockwork from the previous ride as they have already carefully laid it down next to some of the troughs already constructed in the same style as the former ride.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 12:20:22 AM by sdcfan88 »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 25, 2019, 05:06:41 PM »
Those are some great pics..  I really like the landscaping they have already started..

thanks.....

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 25, 2019, 05:22:55 PM »
^^ couple comments

1. The rock work is all new.  They didn’t save anything
2. I agree that the footer is for the tower/slide regardless of what the blowhard Andrew says on TPR.

SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 25, 2019, 05:31:35 PM »
^^ couple comments

2. I agree that the footer is for the tower/slide regardless of what the blowhard Andrew says on TPR.

Im surprised nothing was saved,,, the big stones have Age, Weathering and Moss on them.   Look like they have been there before... for sure fits well..

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 25, 2019, 06:12:50 PM »
And here is the video I also took: https://youtu.be/IqaEkmdTZeQ

Trademark Filings:

« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 12:20:49 AM by sdcfan88 »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 25, 2019, 09:17:49 PM »
Nice job
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #251 on: April 25, 2019, 09:21:45 PM »
If those rocks are new, then that's great stuff on the landscaping already. Love it.

Thanks for the photos!

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 25, 2019, 10:53:55 PM »
Thanks all.

^^ couple comments

Im surprised nothing was saved,,, the big stones have Age, Weathering and Moss on them.   Look like they have been there before... for sure fits well..
If those rocks are new, then that's great stuff on the landscaping already. Love it.

Thanks for the photos!

Agreed on both. I feel more optimistic that they may indeed be able to preserve the charm of the original ride. Hope they go all out on the landscaping and from what it looks like they are off to a good start.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 01:20:53 AM by sdcfan88 »

JJH

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 26, 2019, 02:53:15 PM »
SDC applied for some new trade marks.  Some of these may be the name of the new ride "Lost Caverns", Mystic River Falls" or "Pearl's Float Trip".  Of course, it might just stay Lost River of the Ozarks. 

woodgrain

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 26, 2019, 03:17:32 PM »
Three days after the trademark application was filed, mysticriverfalls.com was purchased using a private domain name registration service. Same with pearlsfloattrip.com.