Author Topic: SDC's 2020 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 148309 times)

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
Re: SDC's 2020 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #225 on: March 22, 2019, 04:28:15 PM »
Was out there for just a short time today,  Took a ride on the new engine, number 14, and shot a little video of the construction site from it.  Not a long video, but will give you a glimpse of the changes in the last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngNa6R4yjQg
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 22, 2019, 04:53:19 PM »
Have we discussed the dirt moving behind red gold and fireman’s landing?  Because I cannot remember why they are doing this. Lots of activity back there today.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #227 on: March 22, 2019, 05:00:23 PM »
Have we discussed the dirt moving behind red gold and fireman’s landing?  Because I cannot remember why they are doing this. Lots of activity back there today.

Trail for Pumpkin Nights.  The main party will be directly behind RGHH which is one reason that parking lot is being redone
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 22, 2019, 09:59:26 PM »
Was out there for just a short time today,  Took a ride on the new engine, number 14, and shot a little video of the construction site from it.  Not a long video, but will give you a glimpse of the changes in the last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngNa6R4yjQg

Nice video, 

the construction area is huge!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 23, 2019, 10:50:29 AM »
Great video thank you for that Sir WIllow.  Sometimes short and sweet is just what is needed and this video told the story fast!

I am wondering about the earthen damn they have started on.  Do you guys think they will have a walk on this road area?  Circuit the walkways here around the lake?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 23, 2019, 06:04:17 PM »

I am wondering about the earthen damn they have started on.  Do you guys think they will have a walk on this road area?  Circuit the walkways here around the lake?

I expect that the earthen dam is not more than a temp retaining wall to keep old lake silver water and drainage out of the new site. 
I wouldnt guess how it will be finished off later, But I dont see a walkway there,  really no place to go..
I personally hope that IF the lake stays, They will be in finished walls all the way around. Would look much better, But time will tell..

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #231 on: March 24, 2019, 02:34:31 AM »
Considering the lake was indeed a natural feature that predates the park I do think they will keep it intact to some degree.

From the SDC Fans FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/sdcfans/posts/10161410125115063?__xts__

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
SWOOSH

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 01, 2019, 08:59:39 PM »
Swoosh, do those slide parts match part of Infinity Falls? looking at some video's of I.F. the drop (slide) doesn't seem to match those parts....but of course I'm basing that opinion based on what I saw at SDC driving by on 76 and video of Sea World.

Do you think we might have something more than just a regular drop that has been done before?

Jay

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #234 on: April 01, 2019, 09:06:26 PM »
Wow, time is going by quickly. This thing is going to be going vertical before I can even get out there to see the construction site for myself. I guess it already is going vertical technically with some of the trough already in place.

Interesting nod to the old Lost River name... and a hint at an adventure theme...

Obviousdramatic

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 02, 2019, 06:00:43 AM »
This may be silly to think so brace yourselves.......but Infinity Falls has a giant slide into a pool of water, right? Do you think it will be a replacement for AP? Two birds and all, it would replace LR and give the big slide like AP. Just a thought. Again, silly.......right?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 02, 2019, 08:42:20 PM »
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #237 on: April 02, 2019, 09:02:40 PM »
RIVER RAPIDS CONSTRUCTION UPDATE
https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2019/03/riverfront-lost-river-sdc_63.html

So are we thinking the "Riverfront Food Court" is going to include a new Rib House since it appears to be expanding into the lake?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 02, 2019, 09:18:19 PM »

So are we thinking the "Riverfront Food Court" is going to include a new Rib House since it appears to be expanding into the lake?

No.  It’s going near the new rapids ride
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #239 on: April 02, 2019, 09:25:56 PM »

No.  It’s going near the new rapids ride
It's hard to get bearings by just looking at the photos.  (This was the best update so far, btw.)  It seemed to me that the food court and the rapids might be near each other already, and that the Rib House might feed into a mutual dining area.

Anyway, I'd love to see the ride and the Rib House "interact" with each other somehow - have the rapids sail right through the middle or something.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating