Author Topic: SDC's 2020 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 148319 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2020 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #165 on: January 23, 2019, 07:02:40 PM »
They started letting people know that it would be going away this past Fall on the tram ride apparently, but that was the only official mention. They don't like to make a big deal out of ride retirements for obvious reasons. Better to celebrate something new than spark a public outrage. They can't announce what is replacing it yet either because that would just drive people to other parks this year to wait for the next new thing. Gotta keep the focus on what is new and marketable, otherwise people will be drawn away by the competition. Not that WOF and SFStL are putting up much of a fight these days.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #166 on: January 23, 2019, 07:21:32 PM »
They started letting people know that it would be going away this past Fall on the tram ride apparently, but that was the only official mention. They don't like to make a big deal out of ride retirements for obvious reasons. Better to celebrate something new than spark a public outrage. They can't announce what is replacing it yet either because that would just drive people to other parks this year to wait for the next new thing. Gotta keep the focus on what is new and marketable, otherwise people will be drawn away by the competition. Not that WOF and SFStL are putting up much of a fight these days.

WOF has been working hard on building up their infrastructure.  Their next coaster should come in 2020 and be located in the Forum area.  SFSTL has resigned itself to be a regional park. 
SWOOSH

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #167 on: January 24, 2019, 12:25:06 PM »
Of all this, the part that hurts the most is honestly losng the Dockside theatre. I really liked that place and it was set up so well by the stream and lost river, etc. was my favorite venue to watch a show. Liked the big sign up above and the wood benches, too.

Has there been any confirmation yet that the theater is actually gone?  Outside of a couple of people predicting its demise, I haven't seen anything yet that has shown or confirmed it's removal.  I've actually seen rumors that it's just getting an overhaul and update- certainly unconfirmed as I really don't know what's happening to it, if anything.

Last over head image I saw both it and Rube Dugan's trading post were both still there, though I imagine the store would be on the list to go just based on the side of the walkway it's on.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 30, 2019, 10:40:09 PM »
...the peanut gallery’s normal noise...
You are such an excellent ambassador for the park's devoted fans.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 30, 2019, 11:22:04 PM »
Of all this, the part that hurts the most is honestly losng the Dockside theatre. I really liked that place and it was set up so well by the stream and lost river, etc. was my favorite venue to watch a show. Liked the big sign up above and the wood benches, too.

Has there been any confirmation yet that the theater is actually gone?  Outside of a couple of people predicting its demise, I haven't seen anything yet that has shown or confirmed it's removal.  I've actually seen rumors that it's just getting an overhaul and update- certainly unconfirmed as I really don't know what's happening to it, if anything.

Last over head image I saw both it and Rube Dugan's trading post were both still there, though I imagine the store would be on the list to go just based on the side of the walkway it's on.

Theatre might still be up, but everything up to White River is gone. 
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 24, 2019, 10:18:48 PM »
The park has begun testing a mock up of a smaller section of slide, like what will be used on the new Lost River.  This is located in the Shadd Parking Lot (the one that's behind Red Gold) but the set up is visible (well the back of it is) from 76.

https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2019/02/riverfront-lost-river-sdc.html

It's not surprising that they are already working with mock ups considering that this will be an "in house" build.  Supposedly this is the first ride designed and built exclusively by the park since the last Lost River.
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 25, 2019, 08:32:06 AM »
Thats all new since I was there about 3 weeks ago...   

Is this in the parking lot they had all torn up, right behind red gold?..   
Have they redone that lot? concrete? asphalt?
or just working on the base under where concrete was?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 25, 2019, 04:15:35 PM »
Thats all new since I was there about 3 weeks ago...   

Is this in the parking lot they had all torn up, right behind red gold?..   
Have they redone that lot? concrete? asphalt?
or just working on the base under where concrete was?

Hard to tell.  They had so many shipping containers blocking the view
SWOOSH

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 25, 2019, 05:22:52 PM »
It's not surprising that they are already working with mock ups considering that this will be an "in house" build.  Supposedly this is the first ride designed and built exclusively by the park since the last Lost River.

What do you mean by an "in house" build? Does that mean that there isn't a specific manufacture making/designing the ride?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #174 on: February 25, 2019, 05:47:04 PM »

It's not an Intamin?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 25, 2019, 06:19:05 PM »
What do you mean by an "in house" build?
Does that mean that there isn't a specific manufacture making/designing the ride?

It's not an Intamin?

I keep hearing/being told that this being designed and built in house by the park.  Now they might buy certain components from a company but the manufacturer building this is “Silver Dollar City”
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 25, 2019, 07:07:39 PM »
Hard to tell.  They had so many shipping containers blocking the view

Looks like a lot of containers..  There were a few, BUT nothing like what i see in your pics..   Must be LOTS of parts to this new project..!!   LOL

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #177 on: February 25, 2019, 10:37:25 PM »
Looks like the original Lost River rafts there in the background. So are they reusing them to test for the new ride? Most importantly, does this evidence along with them stating it will be built in-house kill the speculation that this could be a variation or clone of Infinity Falls? (I was actually looking forward to it after seeing the videos posted on YouTube) Or will this merely be SDC's take on the ride with their own unique style reusing the old rafts?

The next few months will prove to be most interesting... 
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 10:55:36 PM by sdcfan88 »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 25, 2019, 11:03:18 PM »
It literally just says that they’re testing a mock up.  However if you want to dive down a rabbit of speculation be my guest, but I have no intentions of following
SWOOSH

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 25, 2019, 11:04:03 PM »
I wonder what happened to the dude with the drone.. we could really use his view :o