Author Topic: SDC's 2020 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 148377 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2020 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #105 on: December 23, 2018, 08:42:19 AM »
The old Lake is definitely gone.  The new rapids ride will require a separate filtered BOH retention pool and I highly doubt it’ll even be visible from the park.  The new Lake Silver will probably be a lot smaller and probably shallower as well.  Too bad they couldn’t put a fountain show or something in it.  That would be pretty cool
SWOOSH

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #106 on: December 23, 2018, 04:43:28 PM »
More pictures- the first three taken next to Up the Ladder in Fireman’s Landing and the last one taken through a hole in the fence where the Lost River entrance used to be.

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 24, 2018, 11:52:03 AM »
You know, I wonder why they won't make Lake Silver bigger and better with a fountain show. I understand that there's the train tracks, but even then an old-styled wooden trestle would be extremely cool for the train to cross over.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 24, 2018, 01:21:29 PM »
You know, I wonder why they won't make Lake Silver bigger and better with a fountain show. I understand that there's the train tracks, but even then an old-styled wooden trestle would be extremely cool for the train to cross over.

You may get a pleasant surprise...  I expect to see all new lake,  and the fountain would be a nice touch,   IF the PTB thought of that, they will do just that..

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 29, 2018, 02:46:02 PM »
SWOOSH

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 29, 2018, 02:52:51 PM »
I still can't believe it's gone.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2019, 05:50:30 PM »
@ Swoosh,   

I Was there sunday..  rode train a couple of time to look at the site..

Why do you think they are "saving" that superstructure?.   

Did you see the word "save" painted on the east side.?

I cant see them reusing it on new project.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2019, 06:06:49 PM »
That might be the last bit of The Diving Bell.   Maybe this it there tribute, It would be predictable.
Doesn't that wall serve to block some view of the new destruction from the train?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2019, 07:26:58 PM »
That might be the last bit of The Diving Bell.   Maybe this it there tribute, It would be predictable.
Doesn't that wall serve to block some view of the new destruction from the train?

Well not really... Kind of a sore thumb in the middle of the project... you can see everything is gone, the equipment, it looks pretty bare in there... be interestiig to see what next spring brings...

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2019, 10:40:51 PM »

It has a tribute to Dugan on it, but I’m unsure if it was there pre-LR
The wall we’re talking about and the one you mention are two separate things.  The wall you mentioned is near the tracks and the entire project is visible from the train.  The wall we’re talking about is closer to Rib House and was right next to the LR queue

@ Swoosh,   

I think they plan to use it in the theming of the new ride as a tribute to the past.  It kind of blows my mind as they’ve been doing so much clean cut lately that this is a foreign way of thinking for them. 
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2019, 12:01:59 PM »
Updated with most recent information. 
Red = being removed
Green = staying for 2019
Yellow = possible path for 2019

The current White River Merchantile building will he transferred to entertainment for the 2019 season.  Sounds like it will be used for Rudolph and other special events.  Carousel Barn will be the temporary Rib House for 2019 (think of it like a permanent House of BBQ for a season). 

Now things are always fluid until they open but as of right now, the new Rib House will be locates approximately where Dockside Theatre is right now.  New Lost River will take up space where LR was and Rib House is currently.  Entrance should be basically where Rib House entrance was.  As of now, no plans to build a replacement for Dockside Theatre. 

White River Merchantile will be relocated to Cowboy Jepps (Cowboy Jepps will not be relocated). Pearl Shop will be relocated to Magic Shop (Magic Shop will not be relocated). Bent Spoon will not be relocated. 
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2019, 12:51:43 PM »
It looks like they are committed to rebuilding all of the old structures.  I wonder about long-range plans for this - as in, how long before the main square gets hit - long after the old rides, I suspect.

Odd that a show venue will be shut down and not rebuilt (from what you report) - seeing as it is the Year for Shows.

And finally, does anybody think there will be a plan to knock open a path from the FitH area to the Wilson Farm area in the future (perhaps even the near future)?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2019, 01:20:51 PM »
And finally, does anybody think there will be a plan to knock open a path from the FitH area to the Wilson Farm area in the future (perhaps even the near future)?

No.  There’s too much BOH stuff behind OP and FITH.  I’m not sure if you’ve ever been back there, but there are several trailers for entertainment among other things. 
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2019, 02:37:10 PM »

No.  There’s too much BOH stuff behind OP and FITH.  I’m not sure if you’ve ever been back there, but there are several trailers for entertainment among other things.

It leads to an unsavory bit of London...

Actually I have been back there. 

I know it would entail another railroad bridge or tunnel, but I wondered if a new path might be made through the current fireman's cemetery.  It was a long shot question, and not something I would like to see happen.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2019, 02:41:49 PM »

@ Swoosh,   

I think they plan to use it in the theming of the new ride as a tribute to the past.  It kind of blows my mind as they’ve been doing so much clean cut lately that this is a foreign way of thinking for them.

Wow, that is pretty interesting if they are indeed saving this seemingly random wall. I know some of us fans have been critical of some of the bulldozing mentality that has gone on with some of the recent additions. It would be really cool to see them respond with some kind of gesture like this. It really keeps the spirit of the city alive somehow when bits and pieces can survive and be repurposed through the generations. There's always been such a tradition of re-using things at SDC, with the Lost River area now being prepared for it's FOURTH ride when you consider the Greedy Bros stuff as well as Rube Dugans.