Author Topic: SDC's 2020 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 148303 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2020 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2018, 11:36:03 AM »
Just posted a few fresh photos on our FB page. Not much different from what Swoosh posted. Definitely obvious now though. Look forward to seeing the site transformed next year.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2018, 12:44:09 PM »
Just posted a few fresh photos on our FB page. Not much different from what Swoosh posted. Definitely obvious now though. Look forward to seeing the site transformed next year.

will for sure be interesting to follow up on all the work after this winter and going through next summer/fall..   

I do hope we can access/see the area during the process for pics... ;) 

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2018, 03:48:00 PM »
Howdy, all! Been a long time since I have visited the full SDCFans Website! Just saw this stuff about Lost River posted on the FB page, so I stopped by here to see what else I could learn. Looks like a rehab of the ride to me. Probably what you all have figured out, too. I hope they don't remodel too much and take away some of the old parts of the building that date back to 1977 and the diving bell period when I was at that attraction. I am sentimental. Anyway, I have to always be very complimentary to SWOOSH for the MiG photos and reports. He does a pretty good job covering changes at the park. Keep it up, SWOOSH! Thanks for your work. Anyone who hits the park in the coming weeks, please keep us up to date as well! -JUNIOR, TOO :)
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2018, 06:23:05 PM »
Howdy, all! Been a long time since I have visited the full SDCFans Website! Just saw this stuff about Lost River posted on the FB page, so I stopped by here to see what else I could learn. Looks like a rehab of the ride to me. Probably what you all have figured out, too. I hope they don't remodel too much and take away some of the old parts of the building that date back to 1977 and the diving bell period when I was at that attraction. I am sentimental. Anyway, I have to always be very complimentary to SWOOSH for the MiG photos and reports. He does a pretty good job covering changes at the park. Keep it up, SWOOSH! Thanks for your work. Anyone who hits the park in the coming weeks, please keep us up to date as well! -JUNIOR, TOO :)

Thank you for kind words.  MiG is a labor of love.  Hard to believe we’re ending our 21st season of coverage. 

Regarding the LR building - it’s all coming down.  Nostalgia aside, it doesn’t even come close to meeting standards and honestly the new product will be much better. 
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2018, 06:36:29 PM »
Forgot to mention, there's also an excavator parked behind the giant swing. Rode the train in the dark so I couldn't see much, but it looked like they may have started demolition on the back side by the drop.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2018, 06:51:18 PM »
Forgot to mention, there's also an excavator parked behind the giant swing. Rode the train in the dark so I couldn't see much, but it looked like they may have started demolition on the back side by the drop.

If the weather stay decent, there will be lots of demo done before they close for the season...

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2018, 06:59:31 PM »

If the weather stay decent, there will be lots of demo done before they close for the season...

Understatement.  Fence all the way around Lake Silver now.  Lost River is completely gone other than facade.  They’re wasting no time on this project
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2018, 08:27:54 PM »
Yeah someone was telling me that they saw a ton of demolition out there today. If anyone is planning on stopping by after Christmas, it sounds like they will have the area bulldozed already by then. Would love to see photo updates.

I expected them to wait until the park closes for the season before starting the really noticible demolition. Wonder what they are trying to get done before spring.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2018, 09:55:46 PM »
Yeah someone was telling me that they saw a ton of demolition out there today. If anyone is planning on stopping by after Christmas, it sounds like they will have the area bulldozed already by then. Would love to see photo updates.

I expected them to wait until the park closes for the season before starting the really noticible demolition. Wonder what they are trying to get done before spring.

Yeah I will be out there right after Christmas.  Might even make one last trip on the 31st
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2018, 07:14:09 AM »

Understatement.  Fence all the way around Lake Silver now.  Lost River is completely gone other than facade.  They’re wasting no time on this project

Demo always goes fast!!!   especially with decent weather, and big equipment.!!..

I will be at the SDC new years weekend sometime, obviously will get as many pics as I can..

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2018, 11:18:15 AM »
obviously will get as many pics as I can..

Are you tall enough to reach over the fences?
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2018, 12:11:33 PM »
I’ll have more on MiG later tonight
SWOOSH

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2018, 10:30:33 PM »
I’m surprised how fast they are going with this project. It will be interesting to see the area in person when I’m there next week.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2018, 10:34:07 PM »
All right - I can seriously say that you are not ready to see the destruction of Lost River.
It's one of those things that when you hear about it, it doesn't sound so bad and then when you see it in real life it is almost mindblowing.

https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2018/12/riverfront-lost-river-sdc.html

Also there is a crazy amount of construction fence up at the park now.
https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2018/12/riverfront-sdc.html
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2018, 11:25:09 PM »
Whoa....