Author Topic: SDC's 2020 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 148311 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2020 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2018, 11:27:48 PM »
All right - I can seriously say that you are not ready to see the destruction of Lost River.
It's one of those things that when you hear about it, it doesn't sound so bad and then when you see it in real life it is almost mindblowing.

https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2018/12/riverfront-lost-river-sdc.html

Also there is a crazy amount of construction fence up at the park now.
https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2018/12/riverfront-sdc.html

Whoa....

and since I don’t frequent TPR, yes you can share over there as you appear to be our liaison
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 11:29:26 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2018, 10:04:31 AM »
Lots of fence.!!   

That is a huge outside border to try to contain.... LOL

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2018, 10:43:36 AM »
Thanks for the photos. Guessing it will indeed be completely gone after Christmas.

I'm curious if they will build it such that a path can extend around that side of the lake. They could have a boardwalk around that side to reach Fireman's Landing. That would relieve some congestion just by virtue of having more pathway around the park.

From Outlaw Run's lifthill, you can see a lot of work going on in the maintenance area, like it is being expanded or even pushed back some. Who knows what their future plans are for that area, but it looks like they are slowly adding some room back there.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2018, 12:54:22 PM »
Thanks for the photos. Guessing it will indeed be completely gone after Christmas.

I'm curious if they will build it such that a path can extend around that side of the lake. They could have a boardwalk around that side to reach Fireman's Landing. That would relieve some congestion just by virtue of having more pathway around the park.

From Outlaw Run's lifthill, you can see a lot of work going on in the maintenance area, like it is being expanded or even pushed back some. Who knows what their future plans are for that area, but it looks like they are slowly adding some room back there.

A path behind is a great idea.   Could easily eliminate some congestion.....

Yes, it looks like there is more and more room back there..  After they get it cleared it will look huge.. between cleared area and the old lake..

It is a massive project no doubt.!

Obviousdramatic

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2018, 01:02:51 PM »
I would love to have a part of this ride. The don't bother the ride operator sign would look great on my bedroom door!

psychosaw13

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
    • Destination:Deserted
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2018, 10:58:16 PM »
from Sunday 12/9/18
I ain't got no pants no more! The Dang Baldknobbers stole'em!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2018, 11:15:59 PM »
^So literally what I already posted?  :o

All right - I can seriously say that you are not ready to see the destruction of Lost River.
It's one of those things that when you hear about it, it doesn't sound so bad and then when you see it in real life it is almost mindblowing.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 11:18:22 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2018, 07:00:41 AM »
^So literally what I already posted?  :o

So whats the deal...? 
there are about 6 spots where you can take pics?
without fence in the way...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 01:03:16 PM by shavethewhales »

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2018, 10:01:46 AM »
Well with this transformation of the area being underway lets speculate further on how this will be done and laid out. I know its being mentioned to likely have similarities to Infinity Falls. I do hope the legacy of Lost River will be kept and this is more of a "re-imagining" of it. Keep the name and theme but expand on theming the heck out of it. Make the layout larger and keep elements such as the interior "cave" finale and the big first drop off the lift. Maybe shrink the lake size and add a bit of the layout out there too or place the station on the north side of Firemans Landing where Splash Harbor used to be.

Again I was really surprised this happened, I had always expected FITH, AP, or particularly FM to go first. And fair warning with the loss of this (and Waterboggen a few years ago) expect the summer ride lines for American Plunge and River Blast to be atrocious in 2019. lol

Also here is a perspective of the before and after:
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 10:23:08 AM by sdcfan88 »

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2018, 12:00:38 PM »
Swoosh had mentioned that the Entrance would be where the Rib House currently sits and not by Fireman's Landing.

I, too, am also very anxious so see if they keep the name "Lost River of the Ozarks."
You have a great past just ahead of you.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2018, 01:05:32 PM »
Appreciate the photos from everyone.

I can almost guarantee they won't re-use the name. If they are spending this much, they want to be sure and market it as a new ride, not a "refurbishment". It's all about marketing.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2018, 03:18:45 PM »
Well with this transformation of the area being underway lets speculate further on how this will be done and laid out. I know its being mentioned to likely have similarities to Infinity Falls. I do hope the legacy of Lost River will be kept and this is more of a "re-imagining" of it. Keep the name and theme but expand on theming the heck out of it. Make the layout larger and keep elements such as the interior "cave" finale and the big first drop off the lift. Maybe shrink the lake size and add a bit of the layout out there too or place the station on the north side of Firemans Landing where Splash Harbor used to be.

Again I was really surprised this happened, I had always expected FITH, AP, or particularly FM to go first. And fair warning with the loss of this (and Waterboggen a few years ago) expect the summer ride lines for American Plunge and River Blast to be atrocious in 2019. lol

Also here is a perspective of the before and after:

I hold out no hopes for theming at all. The last couple of  projects should put that to rest fast. If it comes to dollars or immersive theming the dollars win every time. If it does happen its just a bonus. But I expect a generic ride experience.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2018, 03:23:19 PM »
Appreciate the photos from everyone.

I can almost guarantee they won't re-use the name. If they are spending this much, they want to be sure and market it as a new ride, not a "refurbishment". It's all about marketing.

absolutely... it wont be
Lost river,
or Owens ride.

Be lucky if the name has any reference to the Ozark Heritage at all....

example-
time traveler
firemans landin
river blast-  (well maybe a little)

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2018, 04:13:27 PM »
I'm holding out hope but yeah more likely than not it will be something modern and generic.
Though if they are trying to copy Infinity Falls as being speculated maybe they can at least call it Ozark Falls or something as a vague nod to the former ride this is replacing. I loved how they did that with Powderkeg with the Buzzsaw Car embedded in the roof.

We will have to keep a close eye on the TESS database. lol
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 06:43:01 PM by sdcfan88 »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 11, 2018, 05:59:39 PM »
As mentioned above, the entrance to the ride will go roughly where Ribhouse is now.  Expect the word “Falls” in the name to emphasize the elevator lift and what will probably be the tallest drop on a raft ride.  I wouldn’t expect much theme other than natural looking rocks and water features.  Seriously look at Infinity Falls as it will probably be pretty close to that only better. 

What will be most interesting is where the retention pool will go. 
SWOOSH