Author Topic: SDC's 2019 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 133641 times)

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2019 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #360 on: June 05, 2019, 09:06:08 PM »
Did you see any prep work on the other side? (Not Pumpkin side).  You might soon

I just saw huge pipe joints that seem to match the size of holes in the concrete walls for the new ride.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #361 on: June 05, 2019, 09:49:05 PM »
Then they’re still using it for staging.  I figured that would be the case for now
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 10, 2019, 03:02:51 PM »
Riverfront Update -- So the White River Mercantile Building is being used as a shop again  :o
Also update on NEW Ribhouse and the dining patio
https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2019/06/riverfront-sdc.html

Pumpkin Nights Pathway Update
https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2019/06/the-trail-to-pumpkin-nights-plaza-is.html
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 10, 2019, 08:30:35 PM »
Great pics..!!   

They are really going all out for the Pumpkin nights event...

woodgrain

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 11, 2019, 10:08:34 AM »
Thanks for the update!

Based on construction progress on the trough, is there any indication how the new Ribhouse might "interact" with the ride? Between the ride, the restaurant and the patio, that big space is filling up fast!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 11, 2019, 10:40:17 AM »
It looks like the new river will hug the building just like the old one did - but since there won’t be any indoor seating (at least that’s what we keep hearing) not sure it’ll matter how much it interacts with the building
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 24, 2019, 02:10:50 PM »
NEW PHOTOS

So I am putting the Ribhouse construction photos in the 2019 thread, because I am not convinced that it won't open this season.  Main reason is that Entertainment wants the Carousel Barn back for Rudolph during Christmas, but I also think that the park would want to start getting ROI on the new building ASAP which is why it appears to be coming together so quickly.

https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2019/07/riverfront-sdc.html
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 08, 2019, 05:55:15 PM »
SWOOSH

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 29, 2019, 08:21:19 AM »
In the middle of the new Pumpkin Plaza area, there is a large circle of concrete in the blacktop. It has metal access box lid looking things evenly spaced around the edge of the circle and a large one in the middle. Anyone know that this is for? I didn’t get a good picture of it, but have attached a few that I’ve found.
My initial though was a testing/programming area for the new tree, but not sure when they would have time to use the are due to Pumpkin Nights.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #369 on: September 30, 2019, 06:44:11 AM »
In the middle of the new Pumpkin Plaza area, there is a large circle of concrete in the blacktop. It has metal access box lid looking things evenly spaced around the edge of the circle and a large one in the middle. Anyone know that this is for? I didn’t get a good picture of it, but have attached a few that I’ve found.
My initial though was a testing/programming area for the new tree, but not sure when they would have time to use the are due to Pumpkin Nights.

I was wondering about that myself.  It certainly wasn't there when it was still employee parking.  Not a clue offhand what it's for/ from
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #370 on: September 30, 2019, 10:25:05 PM »
Seems like something with utility hookups... could be for future expansions of the Pumpkin/Christmas fest... Maybe at some point we'll see a second tree w/ light show?

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 30, 2019, 10:48:11 PM »
That was kind of my thinking too. What are the chances that we see the old tree back there this year? Maybe the area is just open on certain days as simply a way to add more area to the park?

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 28, 2019, 09:13:50 AM »
I am hoping that they hold the Moonlight Madness street dances in this area. That way they can be avoided by those of us who enjoy the old-school SDC charm.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 28, 2019, 11:34:43 AM »
Is there any chance that SDC will be cutting down trees in the square before the Christmas festival begins? When we were there last week, we noticed just how big the trees in the center of the square around where the tree will be are. In the marketing photos there aren't any trees around the new Christmas tree and it looks much more open, which I really like. I know that some would really throw a fit about them cutting down tress, but I think that it would really help with the Christmas festival and the tree show if they did remove a few of them.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 28, 2019, 11:52:32 AM »
Is there any chance that SDC will be cutting down trees in the square before the Christmas festival begins? When we were there last week, we noticed just how big the trees in the center of the square around where the tree will be are. In the marketing photos there aren't any trees around the new Christmas tree and it looks much more open, which I really like. I know that some would really throw a fit about them cutting down tress, but I think that it would really help with the Christmas festival and the tree show if they did remove a few of them.

I dont think there is a any chance they will remove trees from the square..  those are adult trees, they put on lots of decorations in those trees..  :-\

along with the fact they add lots of shade and back country "feel" to the ambience through the year.. :D 

I for one hope they would never do that, as well as I hope they have never even considered it.. :)

Everyone talks about the "theme" of the park..  Just think what taking those tress out would do the the initial feel  of the park, IF the square was stripped of the big trees.. :'(