Author Topic: SDC's 2019 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 133612 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2019 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #285 on: March 20, 2019, 04:07:42 PM »
Not all of the photos are from today
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 04:13:13 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #286 on: March 20, 2019, 05:23:43 PM »
Engine 14 is a beauty! With Engine 14 this year, and Engine 504 last year, what are the rumors, or speculations for Engines 13, 43, and 76? Any future retirement plans? Either way, this is an exciting time for the Frisco Silver Dollar Line! ;D

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #287 on: March 20, 2019, 08:12:01 PM »
Engine 14 is a beauty! With Engine 14 this year, and Engine 504 last year, what are the rumors, or speculations for Engines 13, 43, and 76? Any future retirement plans? Either way, this is an exciting time for the Frisco Silver Dollar Line! ;D

They aren't planning on retiring any of them.  It gives them a nice stable to be able to cover rehabs, refurbs, repairs, and still have what they need to run at full capacity- especially during Christmas when they're doing two train operation.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 26, 2019, 12:15:20 PM »
Nice job Swoosh.   Very informative. 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 26, 2019, 12:49:26 PM »
Good group of pics,  thanks Swoosh...

Lots of stuff going on in the park, currently and over the winter, And everything looks Great..!!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 26, 2019, 06:30:19 PM »
Lots of changes around the park.  The first happens even before you enter the front gates.  Large sections of pavement have been replaced with concrete around the water clock plaza.

Appreciate the post Swoosh!

I am not a fan of the concrete look.  I know replacing this is a money issue and probably a safety issue to some extent but I really like the look of the blacktop.  Maybe because its always fresh looking.  It sets the photos off and the look of the older part of the park,  I hate to see it go.  What do you guys think?  Is it me ?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 26, 2019, 08:56:22 PM »
Lots of changes around the park.  The first happens even before you enter the front gates.  Large sections of pavement have been replaced with concrete around the water clock plaza.

I am not a fan of the concrete look.  I know replacing this is a money issue and probably a safety issue to some extent but I really like the look of the blacktop.  Maybe because its always fresh looking.  It sets the photos off and the look of the older part of the park,  I hate to see it go.  What do you guys think?  Is it me ?

They could have at least "stamped" the concrete and maybe added color...  make it look like bricks, or sand stone or something other than a slab of concrete....

SDC-BMW

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 26, 2019, 09:14:13 PM »

I sell concrete. It’s my living but I don’t like the look either. Takes away from 1880, the dark pavement looked less standoutish.

They could have at least "stamped" the concrete and maybe added color...  make it look like bricks, or sand stone or something other than a slab of concrete....

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 26, 2019, 09:19:45 PM »
I’m not sure if that’s the “final look” or not.  I plan to check it out when I’m there again this weekend
SWOOSH

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 27, 2019, 03:20:51 PM »
I'm not a fan of the concrete either.  I've dislike every time asphalt around the park is replaced with concrete.  Asphalt isn't as glaring and fits in better with the natural look of the park. 

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 27, 2019, 09:11:46 PM »
Preparation work continues for the all new Pumpkin Nights.  A brand new pathway has emerged near the old Waterboggan Tower

https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2019/03/pumpkin-nights-sdc.html
SWOOSH

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 28, 2019, 08:28:43 AM »
Plus, concrete doesn't have that wonderful smell!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 28, 2019, 09:04:56 AM »
Plus, concrete doesn't have that wonderful smell!

You are correct and nothing says SDC like that smell..........

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 28, 2019, 10:17:11 AM »
That should be part of their advertising, lol