Author Topic: SDC's 2019 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 133707 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2019 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #255 on: February 07, 2019, 10:17:06 AM »
Just a rumor that is floating around - still trying to get exact details....

Either the corkscrew pass bridge OR the truss bridge near the blown glass/candy shop will be removed and redone this off season.  It sounds like it will be one this year and the other the next.

Bridge replacement has been put on hold.  Apparently they’ve bit off more than they think they can chew this off season and are now concerned about getting things done before March in “key areas”
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 07, 2019, 02:35:47 PM »

Either the corkscrew pass bridge OR the truss bridge near the blown glass/candy shop will be removed and redone this off season.  It sounds like it will be one this year and the other the next.

Bridge replacement has been put on hold.  Apparently they’ve bit off more than they think they can chew this off season and are now concerned about getting things done before March in “key areas”

I thought it sounded like they were trying to do ALOT in off season.  These guys have endless people and a huge budget, :o so if they want they can get it. :).    In
Interesting they decided to hold off on this, Makes me wonder what else they are doing. ???.  Must be lots of little projects going on in prep for the new stuff next season ;D.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 07, 2019, 02:53:02 PM »

I thought it sounded like they were trying to do ALOT in off season.  These guys have endless people and a huge budget, :o so if they want they can get it. :).    In
Interesting they decided to hold off on this, Makes me wonder what else they are doing. ???.  Must be lots of little projects going on in prep for the new stuff next season ;D.

Check you PM
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 07, 2019, 09:20:46 PM »
A couple of quick updates.

1.  The 2019 Edition of the "City Shuffle" is now online - where things are moving for this season
https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2019/02/city-shuffle-sdc.html

2. Dockside Theatre will survive for one more season.  Though, both it and the former White River Mercantile building are slated for removal off season 2019.  WRM will be used as a character meet-and-greet building and Santa's House this season.

SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 08, 2019, 08:00:44 AM »
A couple of quick updates.

1.  The 2019 Edition of the "City Shuffle" is now online - where things are moving for this season
https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2019/02/city-shuffle-sdc.html

2. Dockside Theatre will survive for one more season.  Though, both it and the former White River Mercantile building are slated for removal off season 2019.  WRM will be used as a character meet-and-greet building and Santa's House this season.

House of ribs all year?  LOL,  I like that...

As far as the rest of the moves, I am dizzy just trying to keep track of it....   LOL

Good report..!!...

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 08, 2019, 09:05:43 PM »
I noticed no water rides are listed on the map in the App, maybe it’s because of the time of year....but everything else is listed, including the new shop and restaurant locations.

Jay

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 10, 2019, 04:19:01 PM »
Do you think they would plant grass or begin to plant vegetation around TT? Everybody I've heard from said they don't like how the rock/clay/dirt looks and that it still looked like a construction site even after it was done. I really do hope they planted some new trees and some grass.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #262 on: February 10, 2019, 04:36:31 PM »
^^I think it's just the time of year. Probably not going to have water rides going during "Spring Ride Days".

^You'll see some scattered plants eventually sprout naturally and general leaf/organic material buildup under the ride, but they aren't going to sod it or anything. It's all loose rock for the most part.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 10, 2019, 07:55:01 PM »
^^I think it's just the time of year. Probably not going to have water rides going during "Spring Ride Days".

They had all of the water rides open for Spring Break Days last season
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 11, 2019, 08:42:44 AM »
American Plunge and RB are still listed as rides..   So i am sure the map just isnt current, or as Swoosh said it is that time of year..??

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 11, 2019, 11:14:55 AM »
Do you think they would plant grass or begin to plant vegetation around TT? Everybody I've heard from said they don't like how the rock/clay/dirt looks and that it still looked like a construction site even after it was done. I really do hope they planted some new trees and some grass.

They could have easily added mulch to the area last year, they didn't. So...don't hold your breath

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 11, 2019, 01:52:21 PM »
I honestly don’t remember them planting anything on any of the newer coasters.  “Life found a way”
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 12, 2019, 09:43:42 PM »
So The Wilderness has been renamed for this season. 
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 13, 2019, 07:13:52 AM »

Hmmm.  I drove by there this weekend and didnt even notice the change..  I wonder if the sign has been changed yet?

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 13, 2019, 09:06:34 AM »

That's generic.
You have a great past just ahead of you.