Author Topic: SDC's 2019 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 133678 times)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: SDC's 2019 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #225 on: January 05, 2019, 11:11:11 PM »
Just a rumor that is floating around - still trying to get exact details....

Either the corkscrew pass bridge OR the truss bridge near the blown glass/candy shop will be removed and redone this off season.  It sounds like it will be one this year and the other the next.

They must need some serious maintenance.  Again, I hope they return as they are and not as something different or generic - especially the truss bridge with the ghost wagons and sleighs.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #226 on: January 05, 2019, 11:14:32 PM »
If I had to guess, the Corkscrew Pass will probably be the one this year as there are some massive structural cracks in the cave part that go all the way up to the walking surface above.  Also with the water sluices being out of commission with the construction in Riverfront, this would be a good time to do this... and I'm not sure if it was related or not, but there were a few workers at the water lift for the sluice the final day of the season.
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 06, 2019, 07:36:37 AM »
A rebuild would be good for the corkscrew..

Odd there werent any elevation flags or utility markers in the area ahead of time.., These days they dont plant a tree without elevation and utility markers...  LOL

Hopefully if this is happening they replace with another corkscrew. Would be an easy way to keep an SDC icon

pintrader

« Reply #228 on: January 06, 2019, 08:53:23 AM »
Wow, much nicer than the old deck that was behind there before, but now the front looks so much smaller? Of course they have a long ways to go still. Kind of looks like they will put in an awning or something to make it more of a traditional concert stage.

I'm excited to see them start announcing some big new events out of this thing. Must have some interesting plans for it.

They already have announced some bigger plans for Echo Hollow.  A concert every night during Bluegrass & Barbecue, plus 13 back to back concerts during country music days.

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/Attractions/Shows-Entertainment/Bluegrass-Nights-In-Echo-Hollow

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/Festivals/Country-Music-Days

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 06, 2019, 10:36:03 AM »
A rebuild would be good for the corkscrew..

Odd there werent any elevation flags or utility markers in the area ahead of time.., These days they dont plant a tree without elevation and utility markers...  LOL

Hopefully if this is happening they replace with another corkscrew. Would be an easy way to keep an SDC icon

Well like I said, the rumor was either/or.   So it could be the truss bridge instead.   As far as markings, I didn’t rumor until the very end of the season so I wasn’t exactly looking for markings/flags in those areas. 
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #230 on: January 06, 2019, 06:12:02 PM »
Man, while it is true that Corkscrew pass sucks and is a bottleneck, that water tower thing in the center is a true SDC landmark that has been there my entire life. It's one of those little things that is mildly authentic and very thematic that ties the whole area together. Hope they have some new theming/details in mind to make up for the loss....

I liked the water chute that ran all the way down to the riverfront as well. The area will look really empty without it.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 06, 2019, 07:12:30 PM »
It'll be interesting to see how the "Christmas Train" line forms since they usually use the corkscrew for that line. 
I'm Your Huckleberry

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 06, 2019, 09:37:44 PM »
Replacing - not taking out.   Also, I never said they were removing the sluice tower.  In fact it had new boards on it (stickers were still on the ends)
SWOOSH

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 19, 2019, 12:39:43 PM »
Man, while it is true that Corkscrew pass sucks and is a bottleneck, that water tower thing in the center is a true SDC landmark that has been there my entire life. It's one of those little things that is mildly authentic and very thematic that ties the whole area together. Hope they have some new theming/details in mind to make up for the loss....

I liked the water chute that ran all the way down to the riverfront as well. The area will look really empty without it.
Corkscrew pass sucks? I thought it was a nice short cut through the park. Never saw it full but I have had to pass many a slow walker just like elsewhere in the park.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 23, 2019, 05:30:09 PM »
2019 Christmas announcement at 7 am on Thursday morning. Any insights on what we might find out?

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 23, 2019, 06:23:47 PM »
2019 Christmas announcement at 7 am on Thursday morning. Any insights on what we might find out?

It has peaked my curiosity too.   

Obviousdramatic

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 23, 2019, 06:53:50 PM »
 Christmas announcement in January?  ???

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #237 on: January 23, 2019, 06:54:55 PM »
They said they would have some announcements all year long this year, mostly about 2020...

I am guessing they are finally getting a new tree? Can't imagine what else they could stuff into Christmas at SDC.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 23, 2019, 07:19:31 PM »
They said they would have some announcements all year long this year, mostly about 2020...

I am guessing they are finally getting a new tree? Can't imagine what else they could stuff into Christmas at SDC.

Yep.  New tree.  Finally. 
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 24, 2019, 07:27:36 AM »

Yep.  New tree.  Finally.

Yep, new tree.   
You know they have to do some added promotions for this year... Tree, New EH, New Shows and other things to entice SP buyers for 2019..   
That way they wont take a hit on loss SP sales for people waiting for big event in 2020