Author Topic: SDC's 2019 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 133622 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2019 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #210 on: December 10, 2018, 09:44:57 AM »
I am glad to see this.....

they are waaaay overdue for a bigger back stage area.. 

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #211 on: December 10, 2018, 10:45:27 AM »
Very interesting. So we've gone from assuming that they would move or close EH to them expanding it. Still seems weird to me, but I'm kind of glad they are doing this so they can keep attracting some really big acts.

Obviousdramatic

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 17, 2018, 03:34:56 PM »
Season passes came in. Saw a show about pirates was going to be featured? I don't get it.  What do pirates have to do with an 1880s mining town?  I'm all for new entertainment, but pick a themed show that fits. On the other hand it would be interesting to learn how pirates arrived in a landlocked area. I wonder if they have hovercraft technology on their old timey pirate ship?

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 17, 2018, 04:27:36 PM »
Season passes came in. Saw a show about pirates was going to be featured? I don't get it.  What do pirates have to do with an 1880s mining town?  I'm all for new entertainment, but pick a themed show that fits. On the other hand it would be interesting to learn how pirates arrived in a landlocked area. I wonder if they have hovercraft technology on their old timey pirate ship?

And what does a 1950's movie have to do with it to. ( Its a wonderful life) . Or a 1800's English story ( Dickens) , Or Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn ( Eastern Missouri, Mississippi River) , or Hatfields and McCoys ( Eastern Kentucky and West Virginia)  ?  They have embellished or stolen stories from other places so often it really does not matter anymore.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 17, 2018, 04:49:50 PM »

I hadnt heard about this yet........

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/Attractions/Shows-Entertainment/Reubens

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #215 on: December 17, 2018, 05:11:37 PM »

I think you're about 15 or so years to late to that discussion, lol. Even back before Wildfire they still had crazy stuff here and there that didn't have anything to do with the original core theme. SDC has always been a whimsical place. I think we put too much emphasis on the "historical" aspects around here, though they are interesting.

^You didn't see the announcement for the year of shows in 2019?
https://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/2019Overview

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 17, 2018, 06:15:22 PM »

No, they got transported in via the time traveler

Obviousdramatic

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 17, 2018, 07:36:14 PM »
Nope. Giant loser that lives under a rock. Just call me Patrick Star.   ;)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #218 on: December 19, 2018, 09:42:35 PM »
Photos from Sunday.
https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2018/12/riverfront-lost-river-sdc_16.html

If anyone is going this weekend.  Please actually get down to that area before dark to take photos for the rest of us.  I will be back down on the 26th and then once again on the last operating day of the season.
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 20, 2018, 08:35:21 AM »
Photos from Sunday.
https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2018/12/riverfront-lost-river-sdc_16.html

If anyone is going this weekend.  Please actually get down to that area before dark to take photos for the rest of us.  I will be back down on the 26th and then once again on the last operating day of the season.

good pics of course swoosh..

I would not a it surprised IF they level site first...  make it flat,  then start excavation fo the underground pipe, electrical and so on..   then build and backfill after that with the new structures..

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 23, 2018, 02:36:43 PM »
Here’s a somewhat okay photo of the echo hollow demo. There is a backhoe down there now. People were “abuzz” about it as they walked by. :)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 29, 2018, 01:55:14 PM »
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 05, 2019, 04:36:29 PM »
EH is looking good, interesting to see final project next spring...  The crews didnt waste anytime getting it weathered in..

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #223 on: January 05, 2019, 07:07:02 PM »
Wow, much nicer than the old deck that was behind there before, but now the front looks so much smaller? Of course they have a long ways to go still. Kind of looks like they will put in an awning or something to make it more of a traditional concert stage.

I'm excited to see them start announcing some big new events out of this thing. Must have some interesting plans for it.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 05, 2019, 11:09:08 PM »
Just a rumor that is floating around - still trying to get exact details....

Either the corkscrew pass bridge OR the truss bridge near the blown glass/candy shop will be removed and redone this off season.  It sounds like it will be one this year and the other the next.
SWOOSH