Author Topic: SDC's 2019 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 133690 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2019 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #165 on: October 31, 2018, 12:12:05 PM »
Save the fish!

Beware of a new Fish Fry stand next year. Those ain't crappie.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 31, 2018, 02:30:58 PM »
Ordered our 2019 passes. Noticed that the email includes a barcode that matches individual codes on the bottom of our passes. The 2018 email did not include the barcode. Has there been any rumors of them adding digital passes to the app for 2019.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 31, 2018, 03:50:44 PM »
I do know that in the mid 60's before anything was built in that area, the lake was there.  They had a mannequin in a boat fishing that the conductor on the train would shoot at (that's another story).   I don't remember exactly how big the lake was at that time.   It's possible they could have drained, enlarged, and even cemented the bottom.

Yes! I'm certain there was a conversation on here about at one time.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 31, 2018, 03:55:53 PM »
Save the fish!

Beware of a new Fish Fry stand next year. Those ain't crappie.

I like that, hope it happens..

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 03, 2018, 03:45:02 PM »
I am at the city and I would pay money they are going ahead with tear out of ride. Photos s later no Rejoyce sign

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #170 on: November 03, 2018, 07:06:00 PM »
I am at the city and I would pay money they are going ahead with tear out of ride. Photos s later no Rejoyce sign

Outside of the REJOICE sign missing, there was absolutely nothing different looking about the Lost River or Lake Silver area today.  I was out for a while and shot some video footage, but at least at this point it looks like it does every year at this time.

Rib house was also open for business and looking completely normal for this time of year. 

I'd say if it's happening, then they aren't starting for a while yet, and may wait until after the Christmas season.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #171 on: November 03, 2018, 07:48:46 PM »
No one said anything about Rib House closing before the end of the season. 
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 04, 2018, 08:20:47 AM »
Outside of the REJOICE sign missing, there was absolutely nothing different looking about the Lost River or Lake Silver area today.  I was out for a while and shot some video footage, but at least at this point it looks like it does every year at this time.

Rib house was also open for business and looking completely normal for this time of year. 

I'd say if it's happening, then they aren't starting for a while yet, and may wait until after the Christmas season.

Maybe you have seen lake silver drained to its traditional level or you were there earlier than me.  They had a large aux pump out in the lake to draw it to inches.  It’s on its way.  Looked like they are going to start chewing at the back end and leave the rib house till after the season.  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155498898586652&set=a.10150599990141652&type=3.   They have also reduced the price or all lucky branded merch 50%. The dog didn’t cut the mustard. 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 09:32:44 AM by mhguy77 »

pintrader

« Reply #173 on: November 04, 2018, 09:31:34 AM »

Maybe you have seen lake silver drained or you were there earlier than me.  They had a large aux pump out in the lake to draw it to inches.  It’s on its way.  Looked like they are going to start chewing at the back end and leave the rib house till after the season.  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155498898586652&set=a.10150599990141652&type=3.   They have also reduced the price or all lucky branded merch 50%. The dog didn’t cut the mustar.

They always lower Lake Silver during the Christmas festival.  Those pictures look about right if they didn't lower it much more than that.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 04, 2018, 03:39:06 PM »
They don’t normally have a sump pump out to drain it completely though. 
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 04, 2018, 04:00:01 PM »
Good pics,   The Big water pump isnt right though.. ?   

something going on there.. ( I mean besides pumping water out of lake..LOL)

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 05, 2018, 08:17:14 AM »

Maybe you have seen lake silver drained to its traditional level or you were there earlier than me.  They had a large aux pump out in the lake to draw it to inches.  It’s on its way.  Looked like they are going to start chewing at the back end and leave the rib house till after the season.  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155498898586652&set=a.10150599990141652&type=3.   They have also reduced the price or all lucky branded merch 50%. The dog didn’t cut the mustard. 

They've used that aux pump many times in the past to lower the lake water.  There was still a couple of feet of water in lake silver, and that, along with the pump, are completely normal for this time of year.  The pump will often be out there for the first weekend if they don't get it quite finished draining before the park opens, but then they'll remove it after that.  So really it's waiting to see if they move it today or tomorrow when the park is closed.

I didn't look much in the stores since I was only out there for about 4 hours (didn't want to deal with the crowds more than that, and work was calling), but that's interesting that Lucky stuff is on sale.  Might have to check that out for my nephew.  Still wish they would bring back a lot of the classic toys that were in that store.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #177 on: November 05, 2018, 10:24:48 AM »
lol, so either way though, they've already come out and said it's coming out, they just haven't started OBVIOUS construction yet. Perhaps they have started gutting the inside? Or their workforce is devoted elsewhere with Christmas stuff still. I know we'll all be watching intently for the first signs of real obvious work.

Coaster Christmas this weekend will be interesting. I expect a teaser, just like we got in 2016 when Brad told us to get start getting excited about what we would eventually find out was Time Traveler.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 05, 2018, 11:50:13 AM »
Coaster Christmas this weekend will be interesting. I expect a teaser, just like we got in 2016 when Brad told us to get start getting excited about what we would eventually find out was Time Traveler.

I'd be surprised if they don't give some sort of teaser at the meal.  Has the park actually said anything about Lost River yet, other than it being removed from the website?
Totally going to miss the joke from the train about it though.  "Over to your right is the Lost River.  I don't know why we call it the Lost River.  It's right there!"

Wonder how the coaster part of the ACE event will turn out.  Right now temps are looking to be cold enough that they might not be able to run the coasters.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 05, 2018, 07:35:58 PM »
The first signs of construction should be visible if you know where to look, this coming weekend.  Nothing earth shattering yet, but still an important step.  Major movement will start the week after Thanksgiving and I’m pretty sure that’s when walls will pop up. 

Some “news” from various vendors about next year.  Bent Spoon is moving to a new location by Saloon area.  Pearl Shop is moving to Magic Shop.  Magic Shop (if it even returns) will go back near FITH (though he might not return at all).  Ribhouse will move to a temporary location in Carousel Barn whole new location is built. 

If you have any sentimental attachment to the Riverfront area make sure you get photos soon because it’s pretty all going to get leveled and built new.  In fact I’m a little surprised at some of the things leaving. 
SWOOSH