Author Topic: SDC's 2019 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 134949 times)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2019 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2018, 06:00:28 PM »
I have to say I'm kinda surprised if this is legit happening now. I had thought FM AP or even FITH would be higher on the list to receive attention by the park.

so they do a large water attraction now, then AP can be replaced with a coaster and nobody will think a thing about it..

No!  Terrible idea! I love AP; just make it good again.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2018, 07:35:02 PM »
I have to say I'm kinda surprised if this is legit happening now. I had thought FM AP or even FITH would be higher on the list to receive attention by the park.

so they do a large water attraction now, then AP can be replaced with a coaster and nobody will think a thing about it..

No!  Terrible idea! I love AP; just make it good again.

A new raft ride with large drop makes AP redundant with it's single drop and not much else.  I can see it going bye bye.

Eventually, if AP goes bye bye, I'd like to see an all new flume ride either there or elsewhere with multiple drops and reverse sections with lots of theming like Chiapas at Phantasialand.

I'd like a Mack Power splash any where

https://youtu.be/Z15D4-DfRQs

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #137 on: October 27, 2018, 08:50:33 PM »

Again, if the rumors pan out, this will be a bigger Infinity Falls which has an elevator lift with an impressive last drop hill
SWOOSH

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #138 on: October 27, 2018, 10:08:51 PM »
It still kind of surprises me they wouldn’t want Lost River open for at least part of next summer. It will be interesting to see if AP/Riverblast have longer lines on hot days next year and how much longer they will be. Also I hope the replacement has a bigger capacity because the line for Lost River seemed to always move pretty slow.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 28, 2018, 07:46:49 AM »
It still kind of surprises me they wouldn’t want Lost River open for at least part of next summer. It will be interesting to see if AP/Riverblast have longer lines on hot days next year and how much longer they will be. Also I hope the replacement has a bigger capacity because the line for Lost River seemed to always move pretty slow.

IF it is a big as Swoosh is indication, and it very well could be considering the area they will be using. It will take a year or longer to complete project.  Fro a 2020 Kickoff,  they would have to start right away...

IF this does happen, the views from the train, AND aerial views next year will be very interesting..... ;D

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2018, 08:20:09 AM »
The ride in question that Swoosh mentioned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7QF8Fm-04U

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2018, 08:57:25 AM »

yes, I can see that fit into the lost river/lake silver area. 

Massive area, Massive ride, of course SDC will be taller, for the world record claim.. The only thing I wonder about it, is that size of a ride, on that much real estate.?  That a lot of space for 1 attraction.. of course in theory it would be replacing 2 rides..  maybe that is how they are going to justify it...   

LOL>.   "IF" that is whats happening...

It could easily butt right up against the retaining wall at FL. .

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 28, 2018, 09:09:07 AM »

yes, I can see that fit into the lost river/lake silver area. 

Massive area, Massive ride, of course SDC will be taller, for the world record claim.. The only thing I wonder about it, is that size of a ride, on that much real estate.?  That a lot of space for 1 attraction.. of course in theory it would be replacing 2 rides..  maybe that is how they are going to justify it...   

LOL>.   "IF" that is whats happening...

It could easily butt right up against the retaining wall at FL. .

Well the issue is you’re trying to make it fit into current Riverfront.  Don’t forget that entire area is changing too.  Also from the aerials posted on Twitter by Bioreconstruct it doesn’t look that much bigger of a land plot. 
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2018, 10:17:55 AM »
All right.  Place your bets on whether or not Rejoice sign will show up this year.  My bet is no because of walls
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2018, 03:39:56 PM »
All right.  Place your bets on whether or not Rejoice sign will show up this year.  My bet is no because of walls

Agreed,  if the walls are over 7-8 feett tall for "privacy"..  No sign

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2018, 04:35:23 PM »
It looks like the Lost River has been removed from the list of rides on SDC’s website.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2018, 04:42:24 PM »
If the speculation and rumors are true. I am more excited about this than either Outlaw Run or TT. Highly theme it and it will be a big hit.  But, Hopefully AP will not be discarded just to make way for another coaster. Give it some love or completely rebuild it in the old water boggen area in a few years. Get all the water rides in that general area.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #147 on: October 28, 2018, 05:12:57 PM »
I'll bet they don't mess with AP for a long time simply because there are already 10 years worth of other projects. The inevitable FM and FITH remodels will be big deals, plus the inevitable new entrance, plus the "off" years in between. No reason to start worrying too much about it yet, unless there is another high profile incident somewhere that causes insurance/safety boards to crack down on classic log flumes.

Curious how much they'll really do with the riverfront. Will the courthouse theatre/riverfront playhouse be taken out? What will happen to Dockside? I presume everything on the lake side of the pathway will get cleared and rebuilt somehow. Probably expand the path and put in smaller shops/eateries like the new chicken sandwich place near TT. There's also still that dead area where Gandy Dancer used to be, and the backside of the Carousel Barn that used to have a shop space in it. They could put something back there, or at least re-connect it so there's another route through the area.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 28, 2018, 05:45:54 PM »
Well it’s far from a secret that both FITH and FM are on deck.  So I’d say AP is going to go status quo for the foreseeable future. 

Regarding Riverfront. I’ve heard rumored that everything on Lake side (Rib House through Toy Store) is history and the current Magic Shop
SWOOSH

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 28, 2018, 06:26:58 PM »
After seeing what the lines will be like next summer at AP with LROTO closed will surely motivate them to keep AP open for awhile just so the lines don't get too crazy at the new ride for 2020.  (I know- yes they will be long and don't call me "surely")  :)

Hoping they'll relocate the Rib House- that's one of our favorites

I'm Your Huckleberry