Author Topic: SDC's 2019 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 134723 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2019 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #120 on: October 25, 2018, 08:39:46 PM »
Intriguing. I would have assumed they would wait till next year. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

If they took it out without warning, it would be interesting to see the blow back from guests about not even getting a heads-up. Maybe it will impact their thinking about wildly replacing things.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #121 on: October 25, 2018, 09:41:51 PM »
Considering all the whining they got when they announced Geyser Gulch was leaving - what difference would it make?

If all those rumors come to fruition, I’m really curious to see if that area will even be accessible next season and if it is, will it be a small pathway through or what.  The rumors made it sound like almost a clean cut of Riverfront area and it wouldn’t even be recognizable when finished.  I guess the new rapids ride (again rumor) has to have its own treated water reservoir so that means Lake Silver would be one smaller or even done away with. 

Like I said if all of the rumors come to fruition everything we knew will be gone
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 26, 2018, 03:44:38 PM »
Well if the rumors from earlier this year are true, this will be the last weekend for Lost River and walls should go up on Sunday?  It’ll be interesting to see if this pans out or not

If this does happen, It will be the best kept secret at SDC on a long time..    ??? ???

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 26, 2018, 11:39:25 PM »
Interesting. I also assumed this wouldn't be happening this year. I really hope that Lake Silver stays, but I'm interested to see what happens here. I am looking forward to watching the progress on this project!
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 27, 2018, 12:32:56 AM »
Well if the rumors from earlier this year are true, this will be the last weekend for Lost River and walls should go up on Sunday?  It’ll be interesting to see if this pans out or not

If this does happen, It will be the best kept secret at SDC on a long time..    ??? ???

That was the hot topic last weekend when we were there.

Apparently not too much of a secret?  ;D
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 27, 2018, 07:57:47 AM »

That was the hot topic last weekend when we were there.

Apparently not too much of a secret?  ;D

Well? Uh? yes..

Talking about it last week, a project of this size.??. (if it happens). 

No mention of it, no rumors this summer, last spring, or even last year..   
Yes..  That makes it a secret...  (IF it happens)

I cant help wonder now, with the " Lost River/Lake Silver/Riverfront" Project or whatever is happening, which would be a 2020 unveiling AND The latest survey, prices, passes and so on.

Are they going to do a major restructure of entry fees and SP's and coincide it with a big kick off of their latest attraction and/or newest area in 2020

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 27, 2018, 09:30:23 AM »
Well actually it was talked about numerous times but we have several posters that don’t like to discuss things anymore and would rather take offense to everything so that drowns our any real posts.  But yes these rumors have been around for most of the season.  In fact all the way back to the earthquake that damaged the ride’s trough in many places causing it to lose massive amounts of water daily. 
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2018, 10:39:09 AM »
The Rapids ride a favorite for our crew, we'd want to see it replaced with a similar ride. Next year is our skip SDC pass year so it'll be important for our 2020 pass buying plans.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2018, 11:20:24 AM »
Hearing multiple reports that bus/tram drivers are announcing that this is the last weekend for LR and that it’ll come back as a new version in a little over a year and a half. 

As far as replacement I’ve heard it’ll be like Infinity Falls only a little taller to get an “-ist” for promotional purposes
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #129 on: October 27, 2018, 11:59:29 AM »
Themed?  I'd have no problem with that.  Lost River lost its Fountain of Youth Theme before it was ever completed.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #130 on: October 27, 2018, 01:09:17 PM »
I have to say I'm kinda surprised if this is legit happening now. I had thought FM AP or even FITH would be higher on the list to receive attention by the park.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #131 on: October 27, 2018, 02:18:15 PM »
It sounds like it's just at its limit of being cost-effective to keep a damaged ride open.  It just may be the only choice they have at this point.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #132 on: October 27, 2018, 03:21:06 PM »
Not to mention all the insurance/safety issues. Getting into the boats always felt crazy. No other raft ride had that kind of station setup, as I recall.

I'm just surprised they are doing this so quickly and quitely. No media announcement or hints during the recent 2019 announcements. Going to be a surprise for many next year.
I guess it makes sense to start ASAP... Get as much clearing done now so there is less impact next year. And they don't want to put people off coming next season, so best to keep it quiet until at least the summer. Just feels unlike SDC for such a storied old ride to silently get the axe.

I'd still rather they worked on the entrance than the riverfront. It is a pretty tightly crowded area sometimes, but it's also nice and wooded and just has a nice feel to it. They did a good job with the area around TT, so I'm sure it will be nice.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2018, 03:25:32 PM »
This does kinda remind me of how Buzzsaw met it's end. I don't remember much hype announcing it's conversion either. Just the walled off area with the "Blast in the Wilderness" teaser signage.

I would really like to see FITH retracked like Dollywood's version was. Theirs is butter smooth when I went to ride it back in August. I found myself bracing for the usual spots known on FITH to instead be met with no jolts which in itself was jarring. (pun intended) lol
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 03:29:23 PM by sdcfan88 »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2018, 03:42:28 PM »
I have to say I'm kinda surprised if this is legit happening now. I had thought FM AP or even FITH would be higher on the list to receive attention by the park.

so they do a large water attraction now, then AP can be replaced with a coaster and nobody will think a thing about it..