Author Topic: SDC's 2019 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 134766 times)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2019 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2018, 10:33:56 AM »
Branson Tri-Lakes mentioned the crafters - different crafters on park weekly.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2018, 10:46:03 AM »
The Lost River thing is certainly a big rumor at the moment, as are some other things. We'll see what happens with that later in 2019. I presume there will be walls up in August if that pans out.

As for crafters, they probably have to get more nuanced with them due to declining quantity and quality of actual crafters. People don't necessarily want to park it at SDC for a month or more anymore. Focusing on bigger names on a weekly basis may be a good strategy. Gives them more spotlight.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2018, 11:27:41 AM »
Welp, I watched the preview video and wow, I am super excited for next year! Hopefully I'll actually get to go; haven't been to SDC since 2016. I do get to go to Dollywood on Halloween this year, so it'll be cool to see LumiNights and get a taste of what's coming to SDC next year.

Also, I wanna point out on their 2019 page that they mention an "expansion" at Grand Exposition with the "new Woodland Hike." I'm very curious to know what that means!

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/2019Overview

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2018, 12:24:20 PM »
Heh I was right on about the Pumpkin Festival and it's presumed location. It will be a good fit for GE.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2018, 12:35:44 PM »
Sounds like it's an interesting year.  I appreciate how it looks like they are doubling down not just on one or two shows but beefing up the entertainment as a whole.  That's good because is some spots it looked like it was starting to slide.
I'm curious about the big summer production.  That could be really good, or really cheesy. Hopefully it hits the good mark.  The other shows and festivals look to be fun.
Those who had a feeling about October were right on.  I noticed it said crafting days, but then no other mention of the crafters.  Wonder what's really happening with them.  But the fall evenings should be nice at least.
Overall, very nice.
What I've been hearing I didn't see mentioned at all, and that's partially why I didn't talk about it- strong rumors and nothing more.  What I've heard is that they are taking out Lost River and the BBQ rib place and completely redoing that entire area of the park, including a new rapids ride and other additions.  I've also heard it's a 2 year project, which would account for why it's not mentioned.  It also may not happening, which would also explain that.  lol  So we'll see.  :-)

More shows to counteract the lack of indoor attractions when the temp falls.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2018, 12:42:31 PM »
Heh I was right on about the Pumpkin Festival and it's presumed location. It will be a good fit for GE.

lol, yeah and I was right about them doing a "year of shows", though it wasn't much of a leap from the teasers and previous year's of emphasis.  ;D

I would guess that the Woodland Hike thing at GE is going to be a small trail around the perimeter from the gate at the insect rides to the gate by the elephants. If you look on google maps you can see where it could go, though the topography is a little steep at certain points. This will probably be something like a trick or treat trail or maybe just a bunch of pumpkins in the woods.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2018, 01:21:42 PM »
Here's the link to the free article in Branson Tri-Lakes News:

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_f8a446fe-d3aa-11e8-98a0-8b40073b97f0.html

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2018, 03:08:27 PM »
Sounds like a exciting year. I was hoping that a replacement of IAWL would come about but looks like it will be the same old same old there. A very interesting choice for the summer though with a pirate themed show. I will be curious to see how they theme this out to fit in. But, A very good effort overall for the park.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2018, 08:48:46 PM »
Great announcement and it looks like great additions for 2019! I'm most intrigued about the summer Broadway show and the new fall offerings. I kind of figured the pumpkin nights would be coming since that has been such a hit for DW. I will be excited to see how it pans out. I think Valley Road and Grand Expo are the perfect locations for it. One thing I hope they do is step up the BBQ for the Bluegrass and BBQ Festival. I didn't make it to the park during that festival this year but it definitely sounds like it was lacking.

Very excited for 2019!
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 22, 2018, 05:43:24 PM »
I wish they would get rid of the holly jolly parade.  It is not so much the parade itself, but its the people crowding around to see it and suddenly becoming extremely rude.  I have seen many fights almost break out while waiting. 

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #100 on: October 22, 2018, 09:41:34 PM »
I wish they would get rid of the holly jolly parade.  It is not so much the parade itself, but its the people crowding around to see it and suddenly becoming extremely rude.  I have seen many fights almost break out while waiting.

The best place to see the parade (with limited crowds) is in Grand Expo or by Fire in the Hole
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2018, 07:36:03 AM »

Easy solution, 
do as I do.....  be elsewhere..   LOL

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2018, 08:29:20 AM »
^If its not too cold at the time, marathon the coasters that will be open with no lines.  ;)

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2018, 09:17:08 AM »
<shudder>
Holly Jolly.... Holly Jolly... Holly Jolly Christmas....
two parades each night for two months.....
and Rudolph repeated on a loop every 45 minutes
</shudder>

The one thing I don't miss...

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2018, 09:45:35 AM »
<shudder>
two parades each night for two months.....
and Rudolph repeated on a loop every 45 minutes
</shudder>

The one thing I don't miss...

LOL,  Okie, another thing we apparantly have in common. ::).   
Meet me at the car, I always have fireball in the cooler ;D