Author Topic: SDC's 2019 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 134634 times)

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
Re: SDC's 2019 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2018, 05:22:51 PM »
Though SDC has been known for doing back to back developments and announcements. 2005 was Powderkeg 2006 was Grand Expo and 2007 was the Barn Swing.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2018, 06:46:21 PM »
Based on the wording being used in these teasers and Time Traveler just opening, I expect this to be a show related announcement.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2018, 08:56:22 PM »
Based on the wording being used in these teasers and Time Traveler just opening, I expect this to be a show related announcement.

That was my initial thoughts.  And hoped for some needed rehabs.  I think those are still on the table- at least the show.  But over the last few days I've talked to a few people and they all seemed to lean the same way, that it's more than that.  Actually had one say they were more excited about what is coming next year than they were over Time Traveler, which is a strong indication that it's much more than a show.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2018, 09:25:55 PM »
What if it's a bunch of shows: New Festival of Wonder headliner, big summer series, maybe Ricky Skaggs coming back for Bluegrass and BBQ, and then the Wonderful Life replacement. Didn't they have a rock concert this summer that was pretty well attended? Plus you have the big Christian bands for the young Christians weekend. Could be a "year of shows" just like the year of food and the year of crafts.

I'll hold out a little hope for something to be announced ride-related, but I was never really expecting much for 2019. If they add a ride, chances are it will be for young kids. I think the big rehabs will cost enough and be extensive enough that it will take till 2020 for the first one to open, even if they start working on it in 2019.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2018, 09:38:15 PM »
Did I hear somewhere that RMC retracked Blazing Fury for Dollywood a few years ago? What if they did the same for FITH?

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2018, 12:57:11 PM »
The teasers that SDC is sending out on their FB page are obvious it is in regards to shows.
...but it also got me to thinking...could it be a rebuild of Riverfront Playhouse?
You have a great past just ahead of you.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2018, 04:58:10 PM »
 We know They are cancelling changing show... I find it hard to believe that will be there big announcement,  But it is a "media game"..

We know from reports that the "Fall" festval is going to be "different", because of vendors NOT being asked to return.. Will that warrant an announcement??   Hmm..  "Media Game"

Of some of you are speculating the Halloween theme event... Hmm??   maybe..   But Media?  probably.

You wont see Riverfront being rebuilt/repaired.. I look for it to disappear is a major redo of that area related to lake silver and FL..   Now? do I expect that for 2019?  NO.  But I firmly believe that day is coming.  ..

I Dont believe it is anything major as far as a ride or attraction, too quiet, no rumors and more importantly...NO boundary or elevation flags... If it was going to happen and be MAJOR.... we would be seeing flags by now.

Water related? Hmm?  Could be, If it is.. I hope it is impressive..   LOL

So, Yes. it will be interesting to find out what the big "media" announcement is..   

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2018, 06:43:18 PM »
Sanddune- if what I am hearing is correct (and I'm hearing it from multiple people now) then at least one of your statements you may be surprised to find is incorrect.  At least one.  :-)
now it's waiting until tomorrow to find out if what I have heard is correct or not.  lol
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2018, 09:01:03 AM »
NEW for 2019, Silver Dollar City Presents
The Year of Shows & Festivals
New Mega-Productions & Glowing Fall Nights
        (Branson, Mo. 10/19/18)    A hallmark of Branson’s famed tourism industry is live entertainment and production shows, with Silver Dollar City having proven decades-long leadership in presenting great and unique talent.  Today’s announcement of the 2019 lineup strongly builds on that tradition, with Silver Dollar City beginning a new era of even bolder entertainment with “The Year of Shows & Festivals.” The 1880s internationally-awarded theme park is planning millions of dollars in additions with new and original productions, larger-than-life shows and festival adventures.

Topline features include a new $1 million, original mega-production show for Summer, Reuben’s Swashbuckling Adventure; and new for Fall, a spectacular evening and nighttime experience, Pumpkin Nights with thousands of glowing pumpkins artfully brought to life throughout the streets of the City, creating the biggest Fall in the park’s nearly 6-decade history.

Other large-scale elements include a globally-acclaimed acrobatic French-Canadian lumberjack production show; a slate of evening concerts in the Echo Hollow Amphitheater including Bluegrass Nights in Spring and then, throughout the season, legendary rock, pop and country performers; the new Kid Magic summer show; plus The Festival of Wonder with visually-stunning, globally-inspired production shows.         

Summer Mega-Productions
        Imagination comes to life on stage in a huge production opening with Star-Spangled Summer -- the all-new, original production, created exclusively for Silver Dollar City, Reuben’s Swashbuckling Adventure. The $1 million Broadway-style musical is a magical journey of discovery with a colorful cast, flying characters, state-of-the-art sets and special effects. Also new for summer is a show featuring the world’s youngest magician and illusionist, Kid Magic, starring Kadan Bart Rockett & Brooklyn, direct from America’s Got Talent.

Supercharging Fall
        The City transforms into a glowing-orange wonderland in Fall 2019 as Silver Dollar City presents Pumpkin Nights. This evening lighting event with thousands of pumpkin creations and larger-than-life icons includes giant scarecrows, cats, owls and other characters shining in the dark. A new Pumpkin Pathway leads to Pumpkin Plaza with a dance party and fall activities. The park stays open until 9 pm, with rides running too, creating a new nighttime experience for families.   

Fall daytime debuts a pulse-raising French-Canadian production show -- an acrobatic musical about singing and dancing lumberjacks in a high-energy internationally-acclaimed stage show. Also by day, in a setting filled with colorful pumpkins, Silver Dollar City craftsmen welcome visiting artisans, with select new crafters each week. 

Spring kicks off the year with The Festival of Wonder, billed as “A Most Amazing Entertainment Experience,” designed to spark curiosity by presenting several hot-ticket shows such as Phoenix Fire which is a black-light, laser and fire production, and new circus-inspired extraordinary acts for CirqUnique. 

New for Bluegrass & BBQ is Bluegrass Nights, featuring nightly concerts with top bluegrass artists in Echo Hollow Amphitheatre. Following Southern Gospel’s 12 biggest days for Southern Gospel Picnic is a new event for September: Country Music Days presents 13 back-to-back days of iconic country music and Saturday Night Celebrity Concerts with classic country stars.

The grand finale to the year is Christmas. The City transforms into one of the world’s most recognized holiday celebrations, An Old Time Christmas, with over 6.5 million lights, the dazzling Christmas In Midtown, Rudolph’s Holly Jolly™ Christmas Light Parade, original musical productions A Dickens’ Christmas Carol and It’s A Wonderful Life, plus a towering Special Effects Christmas Tree – all for a Christmas season bigger and brighter than ever.

“We are, and always will be, respectful to our roots of presenting great crafts, unique music and family-friendly shows,” said Brad Thomas, President of Silver Dollar City Attractions. “This coming year, we will add many colorful layers, boldly building a new era of entertainment into our traditions.  Guests are seeking new adventures and always looking for something they haven’t seen before. We promise we will deliver new experiences while embracing favorites as we support our mission statement of Creating Memories Worth Repeating,” Thomas said.

Season passes for 2019 go on sale November 1. For details and additional elements:
800-831-4FUN(386), or www.silverdollarcity.com.
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2018, 09:05:35 AM »
They had specifically said some of those things were going away.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2018, 09:12:26 AM »
Yeah.  They had announced that both Rudolph and Wonderful Life would be leaving but it appears that’s no longer the case - and is a smart move to keep both.
SWOOSH

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2018, 09:22:02 AM »
It's A Wonderful Life is back in??? Sounds better than I expected, but I will miss the cowboys. My brother-in-law was in Dollywood for Lumi-Nights and thought it was hokey.  It doesn't sound too bad to me.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2018, 09:37:33 AM »
They had specifically said some of those things were going away.

Yes, the ads for this year say it's the last year for It's a Wonderful Life but it is mentioned in the press release.

I am looking forward to the expansion of shows and music. Since we don't ride as much anymore, the expansion of music and shows gives us a reason to continue being season pass holders.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2018, 09:49:40 AM »
AWESOME. This is everything I wanted from a year dedicated to shows. If I were in charge, this is literally exactly how I would have laid it out.

The new pumpkin festival sounds like it has been well thought out and isn't just DW's Luminights plopped into SDC. I love the emphasis on daytime crafts and the new Lumberjack show with the pumpkins being a nightly thing.

The new summer broadway style show has me super excited as well. Like I was saying earlier, I want to see more of these really well produced shows at SDC. I'm excited to see how another big non-Christmas show will do.

As a Bluegrass fan, Bluegrass Nights has me excited. I hope Ricky is coming back for this. I know the Country nights will be popular as well.

AND they're keeping Wonderful Life? Cherry on top.

Honestly, I might end up at SDC 10+ times next year... not a small feat for me since I live ~4 hours away and have to get a hotel or camp.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2018, 10:16:06 AM »
Sounds like it's an interesting year.  I appreciate how it looks like they are doubling down not just on one or two shows but beefing up the entertainment as a whole.  That's good because is some spots it looked like it was starting to slide.
I'm curious about the big summer production.  That could be really good, or really cheesy. Hopefully it hits the good mark.  The other shows and festivals look to be fun.
Those who had a feeling about October were right on.  I noticed it said crafting days, but then no other mention of the crafters.  Wonder what's really happening with them.  But the fall evenings should be nice at least.
Overall, very nice.
What I've been hearing I didn't see mentioned at all, and that's partially why I didn't talk about it- strong rumors and nothing more.  What I've heard is that they are taking out Lost River and the BBQ rib place and completely redoing that entire area of the park, including a new rapids ride and other additions.  I've also heard it's a 2 year project, which would account for why it's not mentioned.  It also may not happening, which would also explain that.  lol  So we'll see.  :-)