Author Topic: SDC's 2019 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 133683 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
SDC's 2019 Project(s) and Park Developments
« on: September 06, 2017, 02:09:41 PM »
This is your official thread to post updates and speculations dealing the 2019 operating season for Silver Dollar City properties in Branson, MO.

Remember to list credits if you post photos that come from a different site and/or are not your own.

Thanks and happy speculating.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2019 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 06:13:46 PM »
I certainly wouldn't guess at much in the way of new rides for 2019 at this point considering the colossal expenditure this year. I'd love to see another year of shows emphasis though.

Maybe, just maybe, we'll see something happen with the entrance widening/overhaul that we've been assuming has to happen any year now?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 10:12:06 AM »
Maybe, just maybe, we'll see something happen with the entrance widening/overhaul that we've been assuming has to happen any year now?

I look for that to happen this winter. :-\ :-\     At least take down the wall and rework that part.   

I personally am hoping they dont take out the little "creek" area just inside the wall, maybe just a wider functional bridge or crossing of some kind ;D

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 12:16:08 PM »

I look for that to happen this winter. :-\ :-\     At least take down the wall and rework that part.   

I personally am hoping they dont take out the little "creek" area just inside the wall, maybe just a wider functional bridge or crossing of some kind ;D

I agree that this will probably happen this winter.  They are essentially done with track installment on TT and have now moved onto integration with the park (through removal of structures and new additions which will start to pop up). 
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 10:28:36 PM »
That's not really the actual pinch point though. They need to either completely rip out and expand everything through the hospitality house or build the second pathway around the cave opening. Widening the plaza behind the big logo would just make it uglier without much benefit, if done by itself.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 11:27:50 PM »
That's not really the actual pinch point though. They need to either completely rip out and expand everything through the hospitality house or build the second pathway around the cave opening. Widening the plaza behind the big logo would just make it uglier without much benefit, if done by itself.

Youre right of course.... hadnt thought that far in.... but right inside the turnstiles... people stop to put away their passes, wait on the kids, get the ESV's, pick up strollers, look at bakery..... that whole area is packed!!..

Then the bottleneck up by the cave entrance going through there... especially at christmas time!!

So really,  3 problem areas....    have to see what the PTB come up with... ;D

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 09:59:16 AM »
My idea is to.
1. Take out big logo
2. Reconfigure ticketing area to be booths and customer service (will exit back into plaza and won't be allowed to exit bay bathrooms anymore)
3. Turnstiles will be where big logo was located
4. Rentals / Trailblazer will be moved to old customer service
5. Old turnstiles, rental building, trailblazer/sbb buildings removed
6. Build additional pathway around other side of sink hole
7. Reconfigure cave set-up so Entrance and Exit are in same area.  Make that part of HH cave gift shop and waiting area.  Make entrance be off square. 
8. Remove the rest of HH that's not used for new Cave entrance
9. Make new entry arch to segue from newly reconfigured pathways around sinkhole to the city
10. Perhaps add a new "newspaper" building down in new entrance plaza with newsboys handing out maps (newspapers) and answering general park questions. 
SWOOSH

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 08:57:06 PM »
I like all of that except removing the HH.   Love that old building. 
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2017, 11:52:16 PM »

It is no longer useful in its current setup.  It would also be in the way of the new walkway configurations. 
SWOOSH

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2017, 01:23:09 AM »
My idea is to.
1. Take out big logo
2. Reconfigure ticketing area to be booths and customer service (will exit back into plaza and won't be allowed to exit bay bathrooms anymore)
7. Reconfigure cave set-up so Entrance and Exit are in same area.  Make that part of HH cave gift shop and waiting area.  Make entrance be off square. 
9. Make new entry arch to segue from newly reconfigured pathways around sinkhole to the city
10. Perhaps add a new "newspaper" building down in new entrance plaza with newsboys handing out maps (newspapers) and answering general park questions.

The current rental area is a huge bottleneck....but I cant picture them moving it.  They have a huge storage area for the strollers/carts right behind the booth.  They can't move that into the little customer service shack.  A two secordary path though for people to take to avoid that would be great.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2017, 05:59:53 AM »
My idea is to.
1. Take out big logo

The current rental area is a huge bottleneck....but I cant picture them moving it.  They have a huge storage area for the strollers/carts right behind the booth.  They can't move that into the little customer service shack.  A two secordary path though for people to take to avoid that would be great.

So you're saying they can't build another storage area over at the new site? :o ???
SWOOSH

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 09:52:55 AM »

So you're saying they can't build another storage area over at the new site? :o ???
[/quote]

That would be great.  I thought the sinkhole was right behind that shack?  I can quite picture how that shack is positioned currently.  I would have guessed they wouldn't have enough room.  I would have guessed a new building by the current bathrooms in the ticket building would be the best place for adding a new shooter place.  I think there a parking lot behind it that just could be used.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2017, 11:47:39 AM »

It is no longer useful in its current setup.  It would also be in the way of the new walkway configurations.

During the backups in there at Christmas time for the trams, I can't imagine how much gift taking goes on in there

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2017, 12:20:22 PM »

That would be great.  I thought the sinkhole was right behind that shack?  I can quite picture how that shack is positioned currently.  I would have guessed they wouldn't have enough room.  I would have guessed a new building by the current bathrooms in the ticket building would be the best place for adding a new shooter place.  I think there a parking lot behind it that just could be used.

I was talking about right next door to the current GR building.  There is the former wedding booking building that is no longer being used that could be bulldozed and the storage building could be built there.  The current GR building will have to be remodeled anyway to handle rentals and Trailblazer/Showlover passes. 

As for the bathrooms, That can be remodeled and expanded some into the area.  I was thinking the "Newsies" building could go in that corner off the back of the OM building -- it would be to your immediate left once you enter the new gates.

NEW LOGO AREA -- so I was thinking the log and axe could be moved to the planter area south of the Administration Building.  (so around the corner from the ticket booths - past the water wheel).  It would still be front and center that way and you would have the ability to get more of your people in the photos.

SWOOSH

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2017, 02:49:19 PM »
Those restrooms need some love....they aren't terrible but they need updated/expanded because they get slammed in the mornings and are one of the first 'attractions' on peoples to do list (especially those who have a few hours drive).  Wouldn't hurt to expand and modernize a place that is very 'first impression' sensitive.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 01:55:03 PM by HumphreyHawk »