Author Topic: Dixie Stampede under fire for not addressing slavery  (Read 3721 times)

SDC-BMW

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Dixie Stampede under fire for not addressing slavery
« on: August 24, 2017, 08:33:19 PM »
In the show from the same groups that are taking down historic statues. No link yet but it's going to be a thing. When and where will this stop? Or will it? They better leave my Branson alone. Developing story....
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 08:16:46 AM by SDC-BMW »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Country Stampede under fire for not addressing slavery
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 10:08:56 PM »
 ??? Do you mean Dixie Stampede?
SWOOSH

SDC-BMW

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 11:09:58 PM »
Yes :) my bad

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 08:41:05 AM »
 ::) ::).  just a matter of time..... 

frickin ridiculous.. >:(

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 08:45:18 AM »
Guys that is a bull crap internet story.  If you have been to the stampede they have gotten away from the blue and grey deal.  It is not "taking sides" any longer during the show.  Whitewashed and homogenized the show is not what it started as and this article acts as if this is 1986.   Dollys company saw this coming a while back and started to make the changes. 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 09:03:26 AM by mhguy77 »

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 08:47:37 AM »
BTW not that I disagree that they will try to go after the stampede at some point if they can find an angle.  I don't know how much is safe in today's world.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 08:56:23 AM »
Sigh....

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2017/08/visiting_dolly_parton_s_dinner_show_dixie_stampede.html

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2017/08/24/next-targets-in-the-confederate-monument-wars-are-dolly-parton-and-ulysses-s-grant/

And it starts...where does it end?

Why are starting it?  If you want to make a statement, why not quote reliable sources? Twitchy and Slate??? LOL
  Your Slate link that you seem to need to back up your statement is not only one person's unreliable opinion, but it's from 2015.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 09:03:00 AM »
This board had this discussion a year or two ago....we all figured they would be called out to address the 'issue'. 

I personally don't have any issues with the show but I get what is going on.  Fact is the show is ran by a privately owned business so the only thing the public can really do is protest and boycott.  Thankfully the show can't be forced to change by the government.

The saddest part is that if you actually watch the show....you'd see that the main theme is not to promote southern culture or the war....the main theme is very patriotic around the idea the America is a place that we can overcome these issues.  In light of the divisive issues that seem to consume the media these days....the message and experience of Dixie is actually exactly what the country needs.

Of course it also subtly references an influence from God in our country which is another trigger for the leftist. 

We'll see if HFE stands there ground on this one....I'm guessing the show might get watered down a little more.  The slip up of calling it Country Stampede might even be part of that plan....change the name:(

btw...just take all the statues and monuments down....rename all the streets and buildings named for anyone.  They are just idols anyway and I'm sure even person ever immortalized have done something immoral in there life that offend someone....get rid of them all.  That is where this slippery slop is going. 

"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2017, 09:05:33 AM »
Guys that is a bull crap internet story.  If you have been to the stampede they have gotten away from the blue and grey deal.  It is not "taking sides" any longer during the show.  Whitewashed and homogenized the show is not what it started as and this article acts as if this is 1986.   Dollys company saw this coming a while back and started to make the changes.

They have watered down the show....but as of last year....they still do the North/South Blue/Grey contest complete with the competitions and passing the flag as the final contest?
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

SDC-BMW

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 12:17:43 PM »
Sigh....

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2017/08/visiting_dolly_parton_s_dinner_show_dixie_stampede.html

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2017/08/24/next-targets-in-the-confederate-monument-wars-are-dolly-parton-and-ulysses-s-grant/

Why are starting it?  If you want to make a statement, why not quote reliable sources? Twitchy and Slate??? LOL
  Your Slate link that you seem to need to back up your statement is not only one person's unreliable opinion, but it's from 2015.

I'm not starting anything. Fox News talked about it last on "The Five". Kimberly Gilfoile brought up the subject . That seems like current news to me. And no one is making a statement, I think you need to check yourself and exit through the gift shop.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2017, 02:36:11 PM »
Sigh....

I'm not starting anything. Fox News talked about it last on "The Five". Kimberly Gilfoile brought up the subject . That seems like current news to me. And no one is making a statement, I think you need to check yourself and exit through the gift shop.

I'm certain you need to quote more reliable sources.

SDC-BMW

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2017, 02:53:34 PM »
I see where you are going. Not going there little buddy.