Author Topic: Christmas at Silver Dollar City  (Read 34175 times)

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
Re: Christmas at Silver Dollar City
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2017, 10:41:37 AM »
yes there is music.  I'll be posting some videos later today where you'll be able to hear the music in the background.  It is background music though, that constantly plays, not an overwhelming loud soundtrack. I thought it was perfect.

and no, no "snow"  which isn't a bad thing.  The fake snow is a soap like mixture and it would make for extremely slick walkways around there.  Not a good mix.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2017, 01:47:04 PM »
Got the video posted!  it's "unlisted" until tomorrow afternoon, but since there has been interest here, I figured I'd post a link here for everyone.  Several minutes of video footage and a few photos are at the end.  It's not the best video I've done by any means, but hope you enjoy it and a look at the rest of SDC around Christmas as well.

https://youtu.be/8VyyGhGR0PI
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2017, 08:46:31 AM »
If anyone would like to get a look at the finished product, there's a brief video on the SDC Fans Facebook page I shot on Saturday.  I've also got a ton of photos on my photo site.  You can see them at:
https://sirwillow.smugmug.com/Amusement-Parks-Roller/Mid-USA-TX-MO-OK-etc/Silver-Dollar-City-Christmas-in-Mid-Town
(start about page 7)

I'll have a full video preview posted to my youtube channel Tuesday or Wednesday.  :-)

Great pictures!!!   Look forward to watching the video this afternoon.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2017, 09:29:32 AM »

Great pictures!!!   Look forward to watching the video this afternoon.

there's a link to it in the post right above yours.  :-)

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2017, 04:16:12 PM »
Loved the video...

You mentioned it was hard getting pics inside the shows.  Last year we did the Show Lover's Passes for both Dickens and Wonder Life.   I got some decent pics with my phone.  Here are some from the 2 shows.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/y2HbInvB9BBjztOE2

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2017, 04:47:33 PM »
Was there music from the speakers they installed in midtown? I could not tell with the video.

I asked that question on the 2017 Project thread and no one answered me. Guess not.

In this video, you can hear the background music throughout. 
https://youtu.be/MzSmw38DNHE

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2017, 06:18:11 PM »
Loved the video...

You mentioned it was hard getting pics inside the shows.  Last year we did the Show Lover's Passes for both Dickens and Wonder Life.   I got some decent pics with my phone.  Here are some from the 2 shows.

Nice photos!

I really didn't want to use the phone to take photos since there is no way to turn the screen off and it can disturb others.  So I shot with my DSLR and it's screen turned off.  it's more iffy that way, but the light doesn't stand out in the crowd either.  :-)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2017, 06:10:41 PM »
The main shows seem to be as good as always this year. I was remarking at how Dickens' seems to always run perfectly every time - I've never seen them have an off night.

The Christmas Saloon show is just right this year. It's the perfect mix of "serious" singing, jokes, the actual skit, and the gospel presentation that they are required to shoe in.

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2017, 09:15:29 AM »
We went to the city on Saturday.  HOLY CROWDS!!!!   Enjoyed the day.  Saw It's A Wonderful Life, Living Nativity and Dickens (a requirement every year) and were very thankful we did the Show Lovers.  On a side note, when we were leaving the Dickens show, we saw the entire Duggar family.  They were seated behind the musicians.  They must've taken up 2 rows!!

Christmas in MidTown was fantastic and all that it was advertised.  I hope this continues to expand as all of a sudden the rest of the park seems average in comparison.  HA!   

Started to sprinkle on us around 8:45 so we decided to bolt a little early.  It was another successful SDC Christmas trip.  Look forward to heading back New Years Eve weekend.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2017, 12:18:01 PM »
Loved the video...

Nice photos!

I really didn't want to use the phone to take photos since there is no way to turn the screen off and it can disturb others.  So I shot with my DSLR and it's screen turned off.  it's more iffy that way, but the light doesn't stand out in the crowd either.  :-)

Thanks SirWillow for being considerate!  Even more annoying than seeing the phones light up for picture takers, are those trying to video with their phones. 

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2017, 12:44:23 PM »
Loved the video...

Nice photos!

Thanks SirWillow for being considerate!  Even more annoying than seeing the phones light up for picture takers, are those trying to video with their phones.

Especially when they expressly tell you not to do that before the show starts!

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2017, 02:20:41 PM »
We went to the city on Saturday.  HOLY CROWDS!!!!   Enjoyed the day.  Saw It's A Wonderful Life, Living Nativity and Dickens (a requirement every year) and were very thankful we did the Show Lovers.  On a side note, when we were leaving the Dickens show, we saw the entire Duggar family.  They were seated behind the musicians.  They must've taken up 2 rows!!

Christmas in MidTown was fantastic and all that it was advertised.  I hope this continues to expand as all of a sudden the rest of the park seems average in comparison.  HA!   

Started to sprinkle on us around 8:45 so we decided to bolt a little early.  It was another successful SDC Christmas trip.  Look forward to heading back New Years Eve weekend.

So who is the Dugger family ?  Is this someone famous ?

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2017, 04:51:44 PM »

They were on a reality tv show...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/19_Kids_and_Counting

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2017, 12:30:16 PM »

They were on a reality tv show...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/19_Kids_and_Counting

After reading that I feel like the less I know the better. A bunch of wackos.  Now back to Christmas at SDC. GOing down the second weekend in December. I wasn't really wanting to go this year but my sister got with my kids behind my back and made plans for it. They informed me after the fact. It will be a fun time regardless.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 01:00:21 PM by Runner1960 »

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2017, 04:50:37 PM »
Tim & Jenn from TheTimTracker on YouTube went to SDC last weekend. Their video of it should be up within the next couple days; I'm super looking forward to it!