Author Topic: Mug Refills  (Read 4754 times)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Mug Refills
« on: July 30, 2017, 01:47:31 PM »
I know there were posts about this recently, but I can't find them.  So, here we are again!  Refills!  Hubs and I took our old mugs good for $1.25 refills and they were not honored.  We were charged $1.65, which is the refill price stated on menus, at 3 different food/drink stands.  I would've said something at the time, but Hubs picked up the drinks and I didn't notice it right away. 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Mug Refills
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 02:30:25 PM »
honored our 1.00 buzz saw falls mugs a month ago... :D

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 02:35:00 PM »
OK Dune!  How do you do it??? ::)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 03:11:36 PM »
They honored ours, as well.  We've never had issues, and we love to use our old mugs for hot chocolate during OTC.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 05:50:37 PM »
OK Dune!  How do you do it??? ::)

We have never had problems, 90% of the time they fill it and charge accordingly, if it is priced wrong, I just mention it and they charge the correct price....  I have several mugs priced from 1.00 to 1.50, never a problem..

1 hint, try to go to concession area with "adults"...  LOL!!    Kids are usually the ones that need "schooling" ;D ;D

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 06:11:23 PM »
While we are talking about mugs... would you guys be opposed to a free refill mug?  You pay one price and then are able to get free refills for the season OR a free refills for the day and then a small charge for each refill the rest of the year? 

SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 08:47:33 PM »
While we are talking about mugs... would you guys be opposed to a free refill mug?  You pay one price and then are able to get free refills for the season OR a free refills for the day and then a small charge for each refill the rest of the year?
I would prefer it. I remember when refills were under a dollar and now they are as much as a McDonald's drink.  Hit me with the price up front.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 08:56:01 PM »
I like the idea of paying up-front and then getting the free refills for the season.

Then again, I very rarely fill my mug with anything other than water (trying to keep hydrated), but if I had free refills, I might be more likely to sit down with a soda and possibly buy a snack (fries or whatever) to go with it while I chill.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2017, 09:52:43 PM »
We bought the unlimited free refill cup this summer at White Water. It has been great. We would for sure buy one if SDC sold one too.

On our trip to WW last Wednesday, we notice that the unlimited free refill cups were sold out for the season.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 10:38:36 PM »
How much would you be willing to pay for this service?

Would $35 be too much?  $40?
That's what this service costs at other parks including WOF and SFSTL

----

I know this is sort off topic, but it kind of falls in line with the refill mugs.
What would you be willing to pay for an all-season dining pass at SDC?  You would receive 1 lunch and 1 dinner per visit.  Your meal would include one entree and one side.  Drinks would not be included.
SWOOSH

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2017, 11:32:58 PM »
With the WW one being ~$20, I would expect the SDC one to be ~$40.
For the dining plan, we would be more likely to consider a plan for ~$75, even if it only includes one meal per day. We go about around 10 times a year. Most trips are only for a partial day.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2017, 12:19:52 AM »
Considering how long the season is - there's no way a meal plan would be under $150 and honestly it'd probably be closer to $200
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2017, 04:05:24 AM »

I dont drink that much soda during the day to justify the price, but that is a good idea... (as long as mugs in the past still count. LOL).

Typically I drink water..   I always caring the little Kool Aid instant packets, Just in case I get the urge for sugar and flavor ;)

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2017, 06:56:11 AM »
I do not drink soda or sugary drinks so the plan would not appeal to me. As for the meal plan, if you would make enough trips to justify it, maybe but I also do not eat much while I am there. So it would not appeal to me.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2017, 02:48:47 PM »
Considering how long the season is - there's no way a meal plan would be under $150 and honestly it'd probably be closer to $200

I agree with your prices for lunch, dinner and snack. My $75 was for a single meal per day. We typically are there at open and leave soon after lunch. Not sure that the more expensive option that includes multiple meals and a snack would be worth it for us.