Author Topic: Coaster Christmas 2017 11.11.17  (Read 4521 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Coaster Christmas 2017 11.11.17
« on: July 26, 2017, 08:08:37 AM »
Anyone going this year?  I am going to plan on it.  Maybe we can get a good view of the new coaster!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Coaster Christmas 2017 11.11.17
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 08:34:59 AM »
Not sure yet, but I went a couple of years ago, and it really was a lot of fun!

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 08:52:47 AM »
How do we sign up? I'd like to go to the event in the spring too.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 09:00:29 AM »
How do we sign up? I'd like to go to the event in the spring too.

http://www.aceonline.org/JoinACE/

Find your info here.  It was a great time, maybe not for little kids.  Before they opened Outlaw run they allowed us to tour off limits areas.  That's why i might not want to keep up with a little one during that type of activity. 

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 01:17:50 PM »
I'm planning on making it again this year too. It's always a good time even when there's nothing new to show off. Last year we got to sample all the new food for this year.

This year is going to be incredible. I wouldn't be surprised if 2-300 people show up. Everyone knows about the coaster, but a lot of people are withholding judgement until the announcement. If it goes well... SDC is going to be majorly in the spotlight again. I mean, we already have one of the best RMC's, a giant B&M looper, and a unique S&S launch coaster. This park is turning into a major stop for any coaster enthusiast.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 01:22:21 PM »
CoasterForce refers to SDC as the "Midwest's Busch Gardens Williamsburg" and I agree
SWOOSH

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 09:31:12 PM »
Wish there was more details other than just a date.  Do you have to buy a ticket to get in, or will a season pass be ok? Any ideas on times, events, activities or other?

I'm not a member of ACE currently (haven't been in years), but I've been debating again, so have to decide if this would be enough to make membership worth it or not.  I assume it's not open to members of other clubs (like FLCC)
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 09:35:52 PM »
Wish there was more details other than just a date.  Do you have to buy a ticket to get in, or will a season pass be ok? Any ideas on times, events, activities or other?

I'm not a member of ACE currently (haven't been in years), but I've been debating again, so have to decide if this would be enough to make membership worth it or not.  I assume it's not open to members of other clubs (like FLCC)

You have to be an ACE member to attend.  They have a cheaper trial membership available if you're interested.  There is a reduced price for ACE w/ Season Pass.  Basically you're paying for a meal and ERT
SWOOSH

npd652

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 11:46:42 AM »
What exactly does this ACE membership get you. I looked on the site but it wasn't too specific on the benefits you receive. I also seen that you get discounts to some parks. What are these discounts and does it make it worth it to have a ACE membership?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 12:22:25 PM »
The main benefits of an ACE membership are the awesome events and the monthly magazine they send out. Coaster Christmas is one of the best events, but practically every park in the country has an ACE event at some point in the year. Even Magic Springs has one coming up I believe. These events often include a lot of exclusive ride time and some nice meals and presentations.

I don't think I've ever been able to get a discount at any of the parks. I think that some places may technically offer it, but good luck convincing the employee at the gate. Places like Knoebels and Holiday World are probably bigger on it than some of the Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks.

Lone Star Coasterthon at SFOT is one of the other events that I always try to make it to. That park loves ACE and goes out of their way to make it special.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 06:38:16 PM »
Shave sums it up well.  You get the magazines, then the opportunity to attend events.  The events usually include exclusive ride time before or after normal operating hours, and will often include meals, behind the scenes tours, Q&A sessions, auctions of parts and collectors items, and other things.  The events are not free to attend- there is a cost to get in to them, but you can't attend most of them at all unless you are a member of ACE (or in some cases like Holiday World's Holiwood Nights event, another coaster club)
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

jsgoode

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 03:34:16 PM »
My dad and I just registered for the event yesterday! We've gone the past three years and can't wait to go again!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2017, 08:48:20 PM »
It's really sneaking up this year. Almost Christmas season. I love how coaster Christmas is now at the perfect time to really kick the season off. At least for me anyway - I struggle not to throw up all the Christmas lights on Nov. 1

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2017, 09:23:25 PM »
I should be there in the morning around 7:45

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 08:15:31 AM »
CoasterForce refers to SDC as the "Midwest's Busch Gardens Williamsburg" and I agree

I think it is easily the best all around theme park between the Rockies and the Appalachians/Smokies. Sea World San Antonio doesn't have the rides.

Which is why White Water is such a disappointment.