Author Topic: Six Flags Over Texas 2018?  (Read 3064 times)

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Six Flags Over Texas 2018?
« on: July 18, 2017, 06:53:06 AM »
Six Flags Over Texas placed on Instagram a photo of action figures highlighting a girl figure with the caption "Winter is Coming". I'm not familiar with these figures, but it made me wonder if it was a hint for 2018. I checked other sites and no one was talking about the post.

Jay

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Six Flags Over Texas 2018?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 08:34:14 AM »
It was about the Game of Thrones new season. They figures are from that series.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 08:36:19 AM »
The North Remembers

Honestly, I think that is just a reference to the Premiere of Season 7 of the Game of Thrones on HBO as those are the Targaryens. With that hot piece of 31/2 plastic being the Queen of Dragons.

You could make a heck of a land on rides based on Game of Thrones. A Flyer based on the dragons would rock.

I'm shocked some park hasn't landed it yet. It would be awesome.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 10:58:08 AM »
ah okay.......I'm just not a TV guy, I probably should have asked my kids and they would have set me straight. But it makes me wonder if Six Flags could license something like this, or the Hobbit, or whatever to give you options to your theming beyond Justice League, Gotham, etc. 

Jay

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 11:22:29 AM »
ah okay.......I'm just not a TV guy, I probably should have asked my kids and they would have set me straight. But it makes me wonder if Six Flags could license something like this, or the Hobbit, or whatever to give you options to your theming beyond Justice League, Gotham, etc. 

Jay

Six Flags=Angry Birds land

Disney/Universal= The Hobbit
Any attempt by Warner to license out the films to theme parks will get a court battle with the family.

I could see Game of Thrones fitting in with Merlin not Six Flags
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 11:24:43 AM by chittlins »