Author Topic: Tabuchi Theater  (Read 3690 times)

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
Tabuchi Theater
« on: July 14, 2017, 01:30:24 PM »
Just saw in the online Branson paper the Tabuchi Theater had a fire in May that did some damage, mostly smoke damage. So the theater won't open until renovations are complete in the fall. Apparently there was an electrical fire in a backstage area. Fire put out quickly by a sprinkler system, but smoke took firemen 3 hours to clear from the entire building. No injuries as it happened late at night. A policeman on patrol spotted it and summoned firemen.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: Tabuchi Theater
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 05:10:41 PM »
People sure don't talk about Shoji like they used to.  I wonder how much of a draw his show is now.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 05:17:02 PM »
Good question. I would say he is at retirement age or near it. However, he will always be a beloved Branson performer. He always was the friendly fiddle player who was great meeting and speaking with fans. Very approachable. His wife wore the iron underpants and ran the business end. Not a very personable gal, from what I've been told.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 06:29:23 PM »
whenever his is open, there are always multiple busses their.. so he is drawing some kind of a crowd. 
I tried his show once... couldnt get into it?  have not been back..

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 11:11:20 PM »
Loved checking out the bathrooms.  They're not to miss (you understand if you've been there...)  The show as of a couple of years ago?  ehhhh.  Seemed like it was much more about his daughter than him.  :-/
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 01:30:22 AM »
All anyone seemed to talk about were the restrooms.  If I go to a show, I expect the performance to be what I remember - not my experience in the restroom.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 09:29:27 AM »
All anyone seemed to talk about were the restrooms.  If I go to a show, I expect the performance to be what I remember - not my experience in the restroom.

Which should explain the quality of the show in recent years...  :-)
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 10:50:03 AM »

LOL>  Kind of makes my point...   ::)

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 08:07:56 AM »
Of course, the rest room thing is just a novelty. I did see the show years ago when he was in the old Ozarks Auto Show building, and it was good. Don't know about it in recent years.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2017, 09:34:05 AM »
Just saw in the online Branson paper the Tabuchi Theater had a fire in May that did some damage, mostly smoke damage. So the theater won't open until renovations are complete in the fall. Apparently there was an electrical fire in a backstage area. Fire put out quickly by a sprinkler system, but smoke took firemen 3 hours to clear from the entire building. No injuries as it happened late at night. A policeman on patrol spotted it and summoned firemen.

Drove by there this weekend, there were 2 semi rucks with product on them, parking lot full of manlifts and small equipment..  Looks like they me be rebuilding the whole interior :o :o

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 04:05:40 PM »
Apparently the smoke damage was the bigget part of it. That could mean a full interior remodel.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2017, 07:44:30 AM »
this is a major remodel/repair..  still products and parts sitting outside.   Obviously worse than they wanted people to know..