Author Topic: Shepherd of the Hills - New Adventure Park  (Read 2349 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: Shepherd of the Hills - New Adventure Park
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2017, 11:35:32 PM »
The new owners sound like a perfect fit with roots tied to the SotH.

Now that I've listened to his bit, it sounds like basically all they have announced so far is that the play will start up again next Friday, the tower & trail of lights are coming back, new atv trail rides, and some general TLC to the property. He also mentioned some new zip lines will be added in addition to bringing back the old one off the tower.

We'll see what else they announce as they move closer to bringing the "adventure park" side of it next year. Right now it kinda sounds like the status quo with some atv rides and extra zip lines... I hope they don't fall into the same trap of cheaping out and not innovating quite enough. I'm all for preserving what is there, but they need to push the envelope a little more than a few ATV's and some extra zip lines. That stuff is all over the place already as it is... Even mountain coasters are about to get played out already in Branson. They need to figure out something unique and attractive and do it in a major way. A decent water park with custom slides and attractions would be a huge hit - like an Ozark Schlitterbahn.

Considering how Herschend is dropping the ball with Whitewater, there's an opening.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2017, 07:43:10 AM »
On another note... the car show seemed to be a big success..   seemed to be lots of quality vehicles and the parade was pretty good..

Hopefully bigger next year..

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2017, 10:20:36 AM »
Sand, was it bigger last year?   I watched it for the first time this year, and although it's not something I'm interested in, the folks around me seemed to really enjoy it. 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2017, 10:35:20 AM »
I would say they were short on entries for the actually show...

the parade was little lacking also, lasted about 30-35 minutes, but I think they were trying to beat the rain..

I would expect next years to be bigger and better with more participants, With new management/owners, new money and more marketing.