Author Topic: New rides, ideas and entertainment development that catch your fancy  (Read 28013 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: New rides, ideas and entertainment development that catch your fancy
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2018, 11:47:49 AM »
Royal Carribean is dropping big bucks on their private Bahama island game. Deeper port for more ships and water park

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2018, 08:52:52 PM »
Dear Six Flags......

https://travellerczech.com/2018/04/18/wb-world-abu-dhabi-sneak-peek-inside-worlds-largest-indoor-theme-park/

What blows my mind about that is the looney tunes and flintstones theme.  So much money around characters that I don't know even have shows anymore.  I know my kids aren't exactly begging to watch this stuff....or buy it.  I think Snoopy is more relevant to kids these days.  My father-in-law still loves his toones though...so maybe that for the adults and the superheros are for the kids now.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

JamesQuam

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2018, 11:42:50 PM »
This is really amazing. I just love doing funny things.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2018, 02:18:04 PM »
Just thinking out loud here...

What would you guys think if SDC were to remove Lost River and put in an upgraded version like Infinity Falls at Sea World Orlando?  That drop with an elevator lift looks like it is going to be something else and I think it would go over great with the SDC park visitors. 

*disclosure* I am not saying Lost River will be removed, I just saw recent photos on Twitter of Infinity Falls and thought that it looks like it will be an amazing ride and then thought how awesome it would be to have a version of it closer to home
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2018, 04:40:04 PM »

What would you guys think if SDC were to remove Lost River and put in an upgraded version like Infinity Falls at Sea World Orlando?  That drop with an elevator lift looks like it is going to be something else and I think it would go over great with the SDC park visitors. 

*disclosure* I am not saying Lost River will be removed, I just saw recent photos on Twitter of Infinity Falls and thought that it looks like it will be an amazing ride and then thought how awesome it would be to have a version of it closer to home
[/quote)
It does look cool. It is an Intamin.

I was staring at the water bogging tower yesterday and wished they would .a non looping family coaster there. It would make good superstructure for  faux rock work.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2018, 06:38:12 PM »

It does look cool. It is an Intamin.

I was staring at the water bogging tower yesterday and wished they would .a non looping family coaster there. It would make good superstructure for  faux rock work.

A family inverted would go well there in that lot and could be themed to FL. 
SWOOSH

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2018, 11:08:00 AM »

Definitely not against the proposal. I think American Plunge needs a major refurb before Lost River, however.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2018, 08:51:09 AM »

lol, hint hint.

To answer the question, I wouldn't be all that terribly excited. Lost River is nice as it is. It's not the best rapids ride out there, but it's better than many and is still very popular. I understand that there are apparently safety/operational issues with it's antiquated boats and station setup, but going to the expense of completely replacing it with a new ride would be money wasted, IMO. Then again, they are probably loosing water out of it just like most other water rides in the park... probably needs a new channel at this point anyway.

I think Infinity Falls is an example of kind of needlessly pushing the limits though... the tower will probably cause operational problems and downtime, and the big drop will make it less family friendly. Rapids Rides should be simple fun, IMO. It's nice to take the entire family onboard and only have the thrill of potentially getting super wet. Leave the big drops to flume rides.

At least it has high through-put.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2018, 01:26:22 PM »

lol, hint hint.

To answer the question, I wouldn't be all that terribly excited. Lost River is nice as it is. It's not the best rapids ride out there, but it's better than many and is still very popular. I understand that there are apparently safety/operational issues with it's antiquated boats and station setup, but going to the expense of completely replacing it with a new ride would be money wasted, IMO. Then again, they are probably loosing water out of it just like most other water rides in the park... probably needs a new channel at this point anyway.

I think Infinity Falls is an example of kind of needlessly pushing the limits though... the tower will probably cause operational problems and downtime, and the big drop will make it less family friendly. Rapids Rides should be simple fun, IMO. It's nice to take the entire family onboard and only have the thrill of potentially getting super wet. Leave the big drops to flume rides.

So,  I was standing in line for Time Traveler this past Sun and the family ahead of me were from somewhere near Purdue University in Indiana and their son who was 8ish was in line and Time Traveler wad to be his first coaster...ever. Fairly interesting. He was in row 6 and we were in row 7 and we got to see his expression at the first launch. Truley classic.

Seems they have reduced the delay from stopping to launch
At the first one and the launches seemed a bit faster than in late May. Also noticed that where the line was once an 1hr wait is about 40 minutes now.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2018, 03:42:07 PM »

lol, hint hint.

Not sure what you mean on the hint hint. 

All of the rapids rides in Orlando have a large drop and there are plenty of families on them.  If Legoland can figure out how to do an elevator drop at some of their parks I have faith that SDC could figure it out if they decided to go this route
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2018, 05:06:20 AM »
Not at all against the idea, its a question of "when" as its still a mystery as I do not see it happening within the next 5 years. I also see SDC ripping out FM and AP before thinking about LR.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2018, 05:47:26 PM »
Check out this insanely awesome theming for a flat ride

https://youtu.be/IQGsKFlnOys

WI'll she this in person next summer

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2018, 09:11:53 AM »
It was only a matter of time.

This one is a powered coaster, i can see some LIM luamch coasters coming with a spike

https://blooloop.com/news/rollercoaster-sea/

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2018, 05:47:07 PM »
Check out this insanely awesome theming for a flat ride

https://youtu.be/IQGsKFlnOys

WI'll she this in person next summer

modern day Tilt-a Whirl..  ??