Author Topic: New rides, ideas and entertainment development that catch your fancy  (Read 28031 times)

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: New rides, ideas and entertainment development that catch your fancy
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2017, 09:33:33 PM »
I agree that it will help both coasts opening at the same time. But crowds will still be insane. This is the biggest franchise in the world.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2017, 10:01:51 PM »
It will be the true "Potter Swatter"
They might as well start planning for expansions and phase 2 for Star Wars Land now
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2017, 10:28:34 PM »
They might as well start planning for expansions and phase 2 for Star Wars Land now

Where?

My whole contention with Star Wars from the day Disney said they would put the IP in the parks was that it warranted a gate all by it's lonesome.  It even would have made more sense with the immersive hotel deal.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2017, 10:59:14 PM »

Where?

My whole contention with Star Wars from the day Disney said they would put the IP in the parks was that it warranted a gate all by it's lonesome.  It even would have made more sense with the immersive hotel deal.

Well if nothing else they could always build it another park and connect it by a train... oh wait
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2017, 08:18:25 AM »

Where?

Well if nothing else they could always build it another park and connect it by a train... oh wait

They could put Degobah in Animal Kingdom but The CEO only wants the new  Canon used I guess.

Which brings me to Animal.Kingdom, love to see an Australian section added with a dark attraction within a forced scale of Ayers Rock/Uluru

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2017, 09:59:09 AM »
Alright....I do not keep up with Disney stuff....help me with the highlights. 

Is Star Wars going to be it's own new park? When/where?  Are they still doing the once rumored Aviator park?  Toy Story Land?  Are they ever doing the Cars world at WDW like they did in CA?

My the one week I did do WDW 5-6 years ago was pretty overwhelming.  As amazing as the themes, attraction, and hotels are....the crowds where stressful for me.  Week for of entertainment and stress.  I gave my kids the option to vacation at WDW or Universal this year but they all overwhelmingly wanted to do cruise instead.  All that being said....I still may go again with the right additions.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2017, 11:12:51 AM »

Is Star Wars going to be it's own new park? When/where?  Are they still doing the once rumored Aviator park?  Toy Story Land?  Are they ever doing the Cars world at WDW like they did in CA?

My the one week I did do WDW 5-6 years ago was pretty overwhelming.  As amazing as the themes, attraction, and hotels are....the crowds where stressful for me.  Week for of entertainment and stress.  I gave my kids the option to vacation at WDW or Universal this year but they all overwhelmingly wanted to do cruise instead.  All that being said....I still may go again with the right additions.

Spread the 4 parks out over 5 to 7 days. Do just Disney and stay on resort (rent a dvc unit) or do what we did. Split you stay into two DVC rentals(one for Wilderness for the boat ride into Disney and monorail connection to Epcot.and one at Animal Kingdom lodge for AK and just drive to or Bus to Studios and water parks plus there's a side road that dumps you out into Kissimmee's main drag.

Do the rest of Orlando in separate trip.

Toy Story Land is going into DHS, opens next summer.
They added a track to Toy Story Mania, building a Slinky Dog Launch Coaster and a clone of the Mater's ride at Cars land themed to the aliens.

Star Wars is also going into DHS, it is much larger land wise than Toy Story. The hotel will be built adjacent to it.

2/3rd of Studio is under the knife.

I think they should have included a couple more Toy Story Themed flats. A double deck carousel with all the characters would have been nice and a mother and child eater

This shows toy story on the bottom and star wars up top

A thing I found out is if you sign up for a Disney DVC pitch on a cruise, they give you 6 fast passes for your days at WDW.  I am going to take full advantage of that. We have been eyeing  buying enough DVC points in the aftermarket to fund a weekly trip every Three years off of renting out the points we don't use. Around 300 we figure. But we want to get the perks of buying directly. So we are eyeing a minimum purchase into DVC directly from Disney (copper creek)

The wife and I are thinkin ahead to grandkids and Orlando also is becoming a good place to fly internationally from with the rise of LCC long haul operators like Norweigian and even Emirates to really far destinations.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 11:34:08 AM by chittlins »

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2017, 02:50:10 PM »

Spread the 4 parks out over 5 to 7 days. Do just Disney and stay on resort (rent a dvc unit) or do what we did. Split you stay into two DVC rentals(one for Wilderness for the boat ride into Disney and monorail connection to Epcot.and one at Animal Kingdom lodge for AK and just drive to or Bus to Studios and water parks plus there's a side road that dumps you out into Kissimmee's main drag.

They added a track to Toy Story Mania, building a Slinky Dog Launch Coaster and a clone of the Mater's ride at Cars land themed to the aliens.

Star Wars is also going into DHS, it is much larger land wise than Toy Story. The hotel will be built adjacent to it.

I think they should have included a couple more Toy Story Themed flats. A double deck carousel with all the characters would have been nice and a mother and child eater

A thing I found out is if you sign up for a Disney DVC pitch on a cruise, they give you 6 fast passes for your days at WDW.  I am going to take full advantage of that. We have been eyeing  buying enough DVC points in the aftermarket to fund a weekly trip every Three years off of renting out the points we don't use. Around 300 we figure. But we want to get the perks of buying directly. So we are eyeing a minimum purchase into DVC directly from Disney (copper creek)

The wife and I are thinkin ahead to grandkids and Orlando also is becoming a good place to fly internationally from with the rise of LCC long haul operators like Norweigian and even Emirates to really far destinations.

So I guess 2020 is the date for star wars land?  I'm surprised they didn't do the full new park for it.....always thought DHS would be fine if they just made it the hollywood/pixar land.

We stayed at the resort and only did disney that week with 3 little ones.  We used the buses, took advantage of the early/late hours, and made the months in advance reservations.  I was kind of a pain to plan.  I can't imagine staying offsite and dealing with the traffic/parking every day.  We did a week of Universal and all the non-disney stuff before kids.  If it wasn't for Star Wars land....and the kids prefer Disney.  I'd probably only want to go back to see Universal and its many upgrades again.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2017, 06:03:53 PM »

So I guess 2020 is the date for star wars land?  I'm surprised they didn't do the full new park for it.....always thought DHS would be fine if they just made it the hollywood/pixar land.

We stayed at the resort and only did disney that week with 3 little ones.  We used the buses, took advantage of the early/late hours, and made the months in advance reservations.  I was kind of a pain to plan.  I can't imagine staying offsite and dealing with the traffic/parking every day.  We did a week of Universal and all the non-disney stuff before kids.  If it wasn't for Star Wars land....and the kids prefer Disney.  I'd probably only want to go back to see Universal and its many upgrades again.

We are doing a 3 night Disney Cruise for Spring Break. We are flying into Tampa, hitting up Busch Gardens that afternoon and spend the night in Tampa. We may go back to Busch if we missed anything that Sat and head to Orlando mud afternoon, we will spend three days at Universal and two at Discovery Cove/Sea World . On the day we do Discovery Cove, we'll hit up Animal Kingdom around 2 or 3 ish and check out the place at night and do Avatar, the New River of Light show and hopefully ride the safari at night and get in Everest in the Dark. We'll just use fast passes for the avatar rides and the new night time safari. On the day we board at Canveral(signing up for a later boarding time like 1:30) we'll do Kennedy Space Center in the AM and eat at Dixie Crossroads in Titusville for lunch.

I refuse to pay what Atlantis wants for Aquaventure in Nassau especially since we are doing Volcano Bay and possibly Aquatica  and doing the dolphins and now, the sharks at Discovery Cove. So maybe the Forts and chill on the ship. Looking forward to Castaway Bay.

When we get back, we'll head to WDW and Wilderness Lodge, do the presentation and get to WDW with six fast passes. there's nothing really new except for the fireworks show but my Mother will be on the cruise and return part of the trip with us and She's not been since 88. Next morning, Epcot till about about 2:30 and we head to Orlando

We plan on visiting Studios when it's all done as well as Nintendo Land at Uni.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 06:12:11 PM by chittlins »

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2017, 07:40:55 PM »
That sounds like an exiting trip....have a co-worker who just come back from their 2nd Disney cruise.  He has a very spoiled only child that has already been to DW DL and 2 cruises and he is only 6....lol  I looked at them but went with a Royal Caribbean ship at 1/4th the price (1/2 the cruise price and no airfare needed).  I even compared the trips with my kids and they wanted to go with RC.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2017, 10:29:08 PM »
That sounds like an exiting trip....have a co-worker who just come back from their 2nd Disney cruise.  He has a very spoiled only child that has already been to DW DL and 2 cruises and he is only 6....lol  I looked at them but went with a Royal Caribbean ship at 1/4th the price (1/2 the cruise price and no airfare needed).  I even compared the trips with my kids and they wanted to go with RC.

They have a really nice ship out of Galveston now.

I wonder with 3 new ships coming if Disney puts one there year round. They get ore for those than they do from the Florida ports. I see them trying Asia with their parks there. Basically three ports, three parks. hoping for more European inteneraries.

Of course, I think they need to get in on the River Boat growth with a boat for the Mississippi. now that's Steamboat Willy and Walt Old School right there. IF they could develop a little private  Tom and Huck themed water park along the route for a day stop, that would rock.

I'm eyeing the new MSC ships and their Cay that they are developing.

Hate to say it but the new Carnival ship like very fun for kids.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2017, 08:39:01 AM »
Haven't tried Carnival yet....they seem to have a reputation of just being a booze cruise for party goers which I'm not.  That being said I'm happy they are going back into Mobile....I've got family there and might take advantage of that.  Was hoping another line would try out Mobile too.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2017, 10:42:33 AM »
Haven't tried Carnival yet....they seem to have a reputation of just being a booze cruise for party goers which I'm not.  That being said I'm happy they are going back into Mobile....I've got family there and might take advantage of that.  Was hoping another line would try out Mobile too.

I said the new ships, the other are still pretty much booze cruises out of ports like New Orleans, Tampa and so on.

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2017, 06:23:10 PM »

We are cruising out of mobile in November.  Have you seen their prices?!  If we took the kids (which we aren't this time), a 5 day in an ocean view is $199 a person during the off season.  Even suites are affordable when you cruise out of mobile.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2017, 11:12:16 PM »
Owa down in Gulf Shores AL is now open. It's worth noting that there is already a small water park nearby that also has a wooden coaster. I'm not super impressed by the park's offerings just yet, but it's a nice start and is beginning to be a good area to run through for coaster credits and the beach. If they hang on and expand a bit in a few years I'll be headed that way.