Author Topic: Junior, too says "howdy!"  (Read 4499 times)

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
Junior, too says "howdy!"
« on: July 07, 2017, 11:33:31 PM »
Howdy, all! Been a while since I have posted here, but spent considerable time cruising through the forums tonight, and decided it was way past due to post something, just to let the hardcore folks on the site know I am still around. I have posted much on three FB group sites in the last year, much of the same stuff as I have here, but some photos of things not seen here before. I have been digging deep into my collection, and am posting on the "you might be from Branson," and the "You might be from Silver Dollar City," sites, as well as the "Little town of Maramos" site. I know some of you are group members as I have seen your posts. I really connected with the SDC site, or page, because many people there are current or former employees. I have reconnected with many old work buddies, and several classmates from Branson High School. Anyway, I am going to make an effort to begin posting here some more. Thanks for being so loyal to this site...Steve has done a great job updating it.so check out the FB group pages, they are pretty good, too. Hope each and every one of you are doing well, and God bless!
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Junior, too says "howdy!"
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 10:03:15 AM »
Howdy, Junior! Good to see you posting again!  ;D

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 10:36:20 AM »
Welcome back,  I have been enjoying you pics on FB... :D

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 11:10:54 AM »
Thanks!

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 03:04:33 PM »
Add me to the list of those loving your posts on those groups.  While I've only been a part of the recent history, being a part of one of the most storied rides in the park has given me a great love for its history, and I love those photos and posts that you make from it.  Thanks!!
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 04:42:18 PM »
Sirwillow, I have seen the Youtube confessions of a theme park worker stuff you have put out there, and it is some good stuff. Keep up the good work!

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 06:01:48 PM »
Sirwillow, I have seen the Youtube confessions of a theme park worker stuff you have put out there, and it is some good stuff. Keep up the good work!

thanks!  I appreciate the kind words.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 05:55:53 PM »
Good to have you back around again Junior. I also always enjoy your stuff on the other SDC groups. We really need to start putting an archive together of all your SDC history!

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 09:53:29 PM »
There may be a time in the near future where I will have to donate the files to the College of the Ozarks Ozarkana collection at their library. My wife and I are getting older, and we have some health issues, we are within a decade or so of retirement time. I am afraid in order to properly preserve what I have for those interested in it, the whole lot will have to go in a special, protected collection. Frankly as individual pieces, there is not much value to it. As a whole collection it is unique. There are a few one of a kind pieces.
Branson and SDC don't do a very good job of preserving history. Special collections at a college or donations of collections to state or regional museums is the best way to keep it together and in one place for researchers and writers and historians. I also need to donate my 20 years in broadcasting collection to the special collections department at UA/Fayetteville. I hate to let this stuff go, but time is getting short...life is but a vapor. If any of you have good collections, I suggest you make plans, too.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 11:23:30 AM »
Happy to see you back. I've also really enjoyed your posts on the Facebook group!
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2017, 01:40:32 PM »
Thanks, Coaster. Missed not posting here. I have enjoyed this site since it was established in 2007, and have enjoyed being a member since 2010. There have been some wonderful folk post here.I don't have a chance to visit in person often, so the people here keep up to date with what is going on.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2017, 02:36:06 PM »
It's a breath of fresh air to have you posting again, Junior!  Always enjoy reading your posts!

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2017, 08:16:25 AM »
SDC is a special place. My family first visited about '69 or '70, not long after the Beverly Hillbillies visit. Since then, 5 generations of family have been there. I loved working there, too. Glad I saved all the stuff from the old days to post on social media. Folks seem to enjoy it.

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2017, 03:46:39 PM »
Please see my post under the Ozarks Hills Press header in the Ozark Marketplace. I am scheduled to be at the State of the Ozarks Festival in Hollister, MO on Sept. 16th from 10am to 7pm to display a portion of my collection of historic Ozarks photos and postcards. The publisher of State of the Ozarks magazine on the Web personally asked me to appear, so it is quite an honor. Hope to see you there!