Author Topic: OZARKS HILLS PRESS  (Read 6251 times)

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
OZARKS HILLS PRESS
« on: December 27, 2015, 04:05:18 PM »
Hello, all! As most of you familiar with me know, I have been attempting to publish some of the Ozarks material I have contributed to regional magazines and newspapers. I still have a few stumbling blocks in front of me regarding the production of actual, hold 'em in your hands books, but recently was introduced to an online site to publish work. The site is called Wattpad, and if you pull it up on your computer and do a quick, free sign up, you can then go to the Wattpad search engine, type in  markandjanette, and my stuff should pop right up. Check back from time to time, as I will add more material as time permits. Some of the SDC and Branson related material will be on my profile before long. God bless!
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: OZARKS HILLS PRESS
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 05:09:14 PM »
Since my original post, I've added other titles to my account, including a piece on diving bell history. Check out the site, it is free, and I think there are at least five titles that are SDC or Branson related you may enjoy. Thanks!

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 07:20:26 PM »
Yay for you!!! Amazing! I still hold a copy of the Diving Bell history book you wrote a few years back! Good stuff.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 03:16:35 PM »
Thanks! When I can jump a hurdle regarding the printing of books, I'll let everyone on the site know in case a few want to purchase a few copies. It's a dream of mine, but it is slow in coming to pass due to some computer issues I am having, as well as budget reasons, lol.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 03:29:03 PM »
Thanks, Junior!

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 07:52:08 PM »
Look into createspace.com. Its an amazon company and you will be able to publish on amazon. It is also Print on Demand. They pay for everything but take a percentage of the sale.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 06:48:56 PM »
Thanks for the tip, Trams. I am working on a Createspace project now. By the way, some new titles have been added to Wattpad on Ozarks topics, please take a look. Thanks!

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 06:46:33 PM »
I have added new titles to the Wattpad account, hope you will visit my account page...one article is on Shepherd of the Hills Homestead, other topics include famous dead buried in the Ozarks, bios on Thomas Hart Benton and baseball player Pea Ridge Day, and several Branson and SDC topics. Thanks for reading!

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2016, 02:21:47 PM »
Currently I've got about 2 dozen articles posted on the Wattpad site. If you are in the Lake of the Ozarks, Truman Lake area of Missouri, look for a little magazine called THE MISSOURI CHIGGER in news stands at convenience stores, bait shops and flea markets. I contribute to it monthly. All my material is Ozarks related, although I also write some short stories and occasional poetry. Hope you enjoy what you see. Thanks!

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2017, 05:28:03 PM »
It has been awhile so I thought I'd let those interested know the Wattpage stuff is still out there for viewing if interested. Also link to my Flickr site to see some old pictures. I also have a HEE HAW THEATER page on FB.All ozarks related material, so check it out. Thanks!

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 03:38:24 PM »
Hope to see you there!