Author Topic: What IS this song??!  (Read 3712 times)

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
What IS this song??!
« on: June 15, 2017, 08:59:21 PM »
http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=egNeoBBabKw&feature=related

Click on the above youtube link. This is the chain drop song, not sure if its still used. But I cannot track down its title and who sings it (though i can picture a guy who used to sing it live at the gazebo at SDC)
Fast forward to 40 seconds to get the really recognizable part.
I have even emailed SDC...they have no idea. I find that strange. :-\
Hopefully someone here knows it!
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
Re: What IS this song??!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 09:27:05 PM »
I'm trying to remember...

I believe it's called Wonderful Day, but I could very easily be wrong on that.

I can't believe that they didn't know it at SDC.  I'll bet DA Calloway could tell you.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 09:37:45 PM »
Can we get ahold of him?
The lady at sdc forwarded my email to three other people and nothing. She was bothered by it too.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 10:09:20 PM »
I shazamed it and got nothing.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 12:38:48 AM »
Posted on the You Know Your From Silver Dollar City forum on Facebook by Kerry Chester:

That song is an original by a fellow named Mike Gavin. (I hope that's right). He is singing it too.  It was recorded after hours in the Riverfront Playhouse with quite the lineup including Tim Haygood, Ned Wilkinson, Terry Mire, Monte Yoho, D.J. McIntosh, Uncle Vern, Danny Eakin and surely some more that I've forgotten.  It was engineered live to mini-disc by Al Hurd and edited together with "Company's Comin'", Grand Ole Flag, and The Star Spangled Banner by yours truly.  It was a great effort by all involved,
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 09:13:07 AM »
Thanks for tracking that down...looks like my fears are realized--theres no way to get this song!

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 02:57:30 PM »
If you contact Danny Eakin of the Homestead Pickers, he might be able to help you. Contact him directly or go to Homestead Pickers.com.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017, 10:37:12 PM »
Mike Gavin was also at Dixie Stampede for awhile, not sure where he moved to from there.