Silver Dollar City & Celebration City Discussion > SDC Memories/ Park History

What IS this song??!

(1/2) > >>

Preachin_Bill:
http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=egNeoBBabKw&feature=related

Click on the above youtube link. This is the chain drop song, not sure if its still used. But I cannot track down its title and who sings it (though i can picture a guy who used to sing it live at the gazebo at SDC)
Fast forward to 40 seconds to get the really recognizable part.
I have even emailed SDC...they have no idea. I find that strange. :-\
Hopefully someone here knows it!

sirwillow:
I'm trying to remember...

I believe it's called Wonderful Day, but I could very easily be wrong on that.

I can't believe that they didn't know it at SDC.  I'll bet DA Calloway could tell you.

Preachin_Bill:
Can we get ahold of him?
The lady at sdc forwarded my email to three other people and nothing. She was bothered by it too.

Gilligan:
I shazamed it and got nothing.

sirwillow:
Posted on the You Know Your From Silver Dollar City forum on Facebook by Kerry Chester:

That song is an original by a fellow named Mike Gavin. (I hope that's right). He is singing it too.  It was recorded after hours in the Riverfront Playhouse with quite the lineup including Tim Haygood, Ned Wilkinson, Terry Mire, Monte Yoho, D.J. McIntosh, Uncle Vern, Danny Eakin and surely some more that I've forgotten.  It was engineered live to mini-disc by Al Hurd and edited together with "Company's Comin'", Grand Ole Flag, and The Star Spangled Banner by yours truly.  It was a great effort by all involved,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version