Author Topic: Kayaking in Branson area  (Read 2124 times)

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Kayaking in Branson area
« on: June 09, 2017, 01:02:50 PM »
I have never been a lake person even though it looks fun. But, I just recently got a new Kayak. Just wondering if anyone has any experience on either Table Rock or Taneycomo ?  Obviously it would have to be in a quiet cove. Id hate to put in at state park marina or another crowded place. Any suggestions welcome.

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Re: Kayaking in Branson area
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 03:20:57 PM »
Many areas near Kimberling city to put in. Also, if you look on Google maps, there is a spot you can get to at the eastern tip of Indian Point where you could put in too. They teach diving there but it is public access

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Kayaking in Branson area
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 12:42:19 PM »
I'd go into the subdivision where Vickery Resort is located on the lake.  Not sure of the name of it, but it's off 165 near the state park.  Look for signs for Vikery.  There's a boat ramp there that we often use to launch our jet ski. It's officially open now as the water has gone down enough.  It's a quiet cove you could practice in; I say quiet, even though people do use the ramp, because I can't tell you how many times we've needed to use the ramp and there's a car parked on it and people are swimming.  I've had to ask them to MOVE several times as we are backing down the ramp and they just stay there in the water two feet away from a moving truck/trailer.  (smh!!!)  But, more times than not kayaks and canoes are in that cove.