Author Topic: Lighting Rod's Continued Issues  (Read 667 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
Re: Lighting Rod's Continued Issues
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2017, 03:10:20 PM »
I think some of the track was replaced where it goes over the train track after the roll. Something about it getting damaged by something that was too tall to go under it or something like that. 

The wheels this year have helped but I keep hearing that they wear out too fast.  Almost as if the track is shredding them. 
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Citizen
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 03:10:10 AM »
And its down again. I think this is the best comment I have seen on TPR in regards to that coaster and its incessant issues. lol

Quote from: Djwadeknox
Dollywood needs to invest in a moose out front to let people know that Lightning Rod is not open today.

sirwillow

• Jr. Citizen
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2017, 03:27:02 PM »
And its down again. I think this is the best comment I have seen on TPR in regards to that coaster and its incessant issues. lol

Quote from: Djwadeknox
Dollywood needs to invest in a moose out front to let people know that Lightning Rod is not open today.

I don't float over to that site at all.  Was it a one day closure?  Longer period of time?  Any ideas?

We're still hoping to go in 2 weeks (depending on the cost of car repairs) and I'm hoping it will be open.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2017, 08:07:09 PM »
^So far this month Lightning Rod hasn't been open at all on the 14th, 15th, 16th, 19th, or 20th and it only uses one train operations when it is open as far as I know.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2017, 09:41:20 PM »
Yeah, it's a freaking joke. Even after all the down time to start the year off, they never got it running truly reliably or even with both trains. Now we are back to it being closed more than open again...

I can't imagine the conversations going on in DW backrooms now. I have a feeling some kind of legal action is going to be back on the table. The summer is running out quick, and before long LR will be "new" for 2018. So many enthusiasts are pissed that they still can't make definite plans to come ride it. Long gone are the days when DW was one of the parks that could do no wrong in the communities' eyes, now it's just another amusement park with ride problems.