Author Topic: Shepherd of the Hills - New Adventure Park  (Read 21191 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: Shepherd of the Hills - New Adventure Park
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2017, 11:35:32 PM »
The new owners sound like a perfect fit with roots tied to the SotH.

Now that I've listened to his bit, it sounds like basically all they have announced so far is that the play will start up again next Friday, the tower & trail of lights are coming back, new atv trail rides, and some general TLC to the property. He also mentioned some new zip lines will be added in addition to bringing back the old one off the tower.

We'll see what else they announce as they move closer to bringing the "adventure park" side of it next year. Right now it kinda sounds like the status quo with some atv rides and extra zip lines... I hope they don't fall into the same trap of cheaping out and not innovating quite enough. I'm all for preserving what is there, but they need to push the envelope a little more than a few ATV's and some extra zip lines. That stuff is all over the place already as it is... Even mountain coasters are about to get played out already in Branson. They need to figure out something unique and attractive and do it in a major way. A decent water park with custom slides and attractions would be a huge hit - like an Ozark Schlitterbahn.

Considering how Herschend is dropping the ball with Whitewater, there's an opening.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2017, 07:43:10 AM »
On another note... the car show seemed to be a big success..   seemed to be lots of quality vehicles and the parade was pretty good..

Hopefully bigger next year..

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2017, 10:20:36 AM »
Sand, was it bigger last year?   I watched it for the first time this year, and although it's not something I'm interested in, the folks around me seemed to really enjoy it. 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2017, 10:35:20 AM »
I would say they were short on entries for the actually show...

the parade was little lacking also, lasted about 30-35 minutes, but I think they were trying to beat the rain..

I would expect next years to be bigger and better with more participants, With new management/owners, new money and more marketing.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2018, 02:03:30 PM »
Looks like SHepard of the hills is adding a Country Music concert this season.  I will give them this. They are sure trying to make it relevant again.
https://www.facebook.com/theshepherdofthehills/

Never heard of the guy myself but then I am a rocker so that is not so strange.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2018, 02:36:51 PM »
I also saw on FB a couple of days ago.. the chuck wagon show will NO longer be at SOTH..  they will be in a new venue on 248, just south of where the old oak ridge boys thetare was..   

Here is the FB link to their page with location and schedule details..

Roundup On The Trail Chuckwagon Dinner Show
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 02:40:03 PM by sanddunerider »

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2018, 08:28:36 PM »
Whatever they do, I hope it's successful!  I would really hate to see it close, and they are definitely trying hard to make a success out of it.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2018, 07:38:31 AM »
Whatever they do, I hope it's successful!  I would really hate to see it close, and they are definitely trying hard to make a success out of it.

Yes, I hope that works for them, but by breaking away from SOTH, that is a huge chance.. Lots of people went to the show, because it was affiliated with SOTH, and on the property. Getting the word out, new location, new show, that's tough to do.. I do wish them good luck.!

I am guessing since the park has announced concerts and such, that the PTB actually cut them loose and are going to try to use that building to draw in bigger money with different types of events..

I personally dont like the show, but would go once a year or so, just because it was part of the SOTH attraction..  I wont go at all at the new venue, not being negative, just my opinion

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2018, 02:55:46 PM »

Yes, I hope that works for them, but by breaking away from SOTH, that is a huge chance.. Lots of people went to the show, because it was affiliated with SOTH, and on the property. Getting the word out, new location, new show, that's tough to do.. I do wish them good luck.!

I am guessing since the park has announced concerts and such, that the PTB actually cut them loose and are going to try to use that building to draw in bigger money with different types of events..

I personally dont like the show, but would go once a year or so, just because it was part of the SOTH attraction..  I wont go at all at the new venue, not being negative, just my opinion

I do hope they keep most of their long range plan as "Shepherd of the Hill-ish" as possible, or I will quickly lose interest in it.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2018, 03:57:04 PM »
I do hope they keep most of their long range plan as "Shepherd of the Hill-ish" as possible, or I will quickly lose interest in it.

Very true.   The play is still going to be going on for now as well as the tour....
but otherwise, it is bascially a tourist attraction (trap) with Zip Lines and ATV rides. Be interesting to see what else they do to increase cash flow..

I did see on their FB page "The Sons Of Pioneers" will be back this fall..   no other details.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2018, 03:34:49 PM »

Very true.   The play is still going to be going on for now as well as the tour....
but otherwise, it is bascially a tourist attraction (trap) with Zip Lines and ATV rides. Be interesting to see what else they do to increase cash flow..

I did see on their FB page "The Sons Of Pioneers" will be back this fall..   no other details.

Trail riding used to be popular out there.  I wish they could bring in the Harold Bell Wright Museum; not sure where it is currently or if it still exists.  Long ago, they had a pretty good restaurant called Aunt Molly's (I think). I remember eating there years ago.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2018, 04:42:09 PM »

Trail riding used to be popular out there.  I wish they could bring in the Harold Bell Wright Museum; not sure where it is currently or if it still exists.  Long ago, they had a pretty good restaurant called Aunt Molly's (I think). I remember eating there years ago.

I believe the HBW items are currently in the toy museum.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2018, 07:34:00 PM »
I believe the HBW items are currently in the toy museum.

Yes that is correct ..  HBW museum located in the Toy Museum

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2018, 01:42:27 PM »
There's so much being done at SOTH right now. Large new building addition under construction, the new ropes course thing looks great, and the trail of lights and trail rides look to be really nice. It looks like it is really coming together and becoming a full fledged attraction again.  I am definitely planning on checking it out next year.