Author Topic: New Attraction for Branson. A Cross north of town on 65.  (Read 7491 times)

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
Re: New Attraction for Branson. A Cross north of town on 65.
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2018, 03:41:09 PM »
Just another reason to not give money to churches. Ill stick with a good highly rated charity. This will be a giant Albatross on the landscape.
Actually that cross is the exact opposite of that argument.  Those were donations that did not go to a church at all but were designated specifically for it.  And for many of us who work in churches, we see it as a waste as well.

As a pastor I can guarantee you that money donated to the vast majority of churches is very carefully taken care of and goes into many services throughout your community.  If you want to know where the funds go, ask.  Most will have a financial report available that will show you exactly where all of the funds went. You'd be surprised how many different things your local church does and how many people they help.
Drives me nuts when a lot of news is made over a few goobers who think they need a plane and people think that's typical of what churches do with the money given to them.  Not even close.  :-)
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2018, 02:57:44 PM »
Matthew 26

6 While Jesus was in Bethany in the home of Simon the Leper, 7 a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table.

8 When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. “Why this waste?” they asked. 9 “This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor.”

10 Aware of this, Jesus said to them, “Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. 11 The poor you will always have with you,[a] but you will not always have me. 12 When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial. 13 Truly I tell you, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.”

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2018, 03:05:20 PM »
Matthew 26

6 While Jesus was in Bethany in the home of Simon the Leper, 7 a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table.

8 When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. “Why this waste?” they asked. 9 “This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor.”

10 Aware of this, Jesus said to them, “Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. 11 The poor you will always have with you,[a] but you will not always have me. 12 When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial. 13 Truly I tell you, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.”

I guess this means something if you believe in the fairy tale. For those of us who are not into religion it is still a waste of money that could have been spent on the poor. I will continue to support the charities of my choice.  At least there is a charity rating system that calls out waste and mismanagement.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2018, 08:36:43 PM »
^You can make your points without bashing those who follow religion. We need to keep it friendly here, even if we disagree.